MarkCFI

Well Known Member
This is the bracket that clamps between the sump and the carb and allows you to mount the throttle and mixture cable to the engine.

It shows as backordered at VANS so I thought I might see if somebody had one laying around.

Or an alternative bracket from a different vendor that does the same thing would work as well.

Thanks

20240427_124732.jpg

This setup was on the engine that's going into my rv7. It's from a different homebuilt, not sure if it'll work for you. I haven't tried mounting the engine in my project. It's just simple aluminum angle bolted to the studs off one of the accessory pads.

This is the bracket that clamps between the sump and the carb and allows you to mount the throttle and mixture cable to the engine.

It shows as backordered at VANS so I thought I might see if somebody had one laying around.

Or an alternative bracket from a different vendor that does the same thing would work as well.

Thanks
I'm also waiting for that part and was advised by Van's that it would be in stock again on 26th April, but that did not happen.

Plan B is to fabricate the bracket myself and I requested the drawing from Van's Support, but there has been no response.

Plan C will be to work out the dimensions in situ and be able to fabricate one that way. But hopefully they will have the part back in stock soon.

I'm also waiting for that part and was advised by Van's that it would be in stock again on 26th April, but that did not happen.

Plan B is to fabricate the bracket myself and I requested the drawing from Van's Support, but there has been no response.

Plan C will be to work out the dimensions in situ and be able to fabricate one that way. But hopefully they will have the part back in stock soon.
Thanks for the info Paul.

I guess I better get my order in process.

View attachment 61986
This setup was on the engine that's going into my rv7. It's from a different homebuilt, not sure if it'll work for you. I haven't tried mounting the engine in my project. It's just simple aluminum angle bolted to the studs off one of the accessory pads.
Thanks

That might work as well. I need to go up and take a look.

Thanks
I have one, shoot me a PM with a offer