Desert Rat

Well Known Member
hey guys- I know I'm dumping a lot of G3X config questions on the forum these days, but I suppose it's a good thing that I'm down to this last minute small stuff. This will be the last one for a while (I hope!)

In preparation for starting my engine I want to make sure the oil pressure readout is configured properly. When I go into the oil pressure configuration menu, there are two options for Kavlico sensors. This seems pretty straightforward, but the pressure transducer that came with all the rest of my Garmin stuff doesn't have either one of theses part numbers on the label.

Looking at the attached pictures, would anyone care to hazard a guess as to which one of these options I should select to make sure these two components are talking to each other while I'm motoring the engine over to get oil flowing?

Attachments

• IMG_9626.jpeg
    IMG_9626.jpeg
    962.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9627.jpeg
    IMG_9627.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
hey guys- I know I'm dumping a lot of G3X config questions on the forum these days, but I suppose it's a good thing that I'm down to this last minute small stuff. This will be the last one for a while (I hope!)

In preparation for starting my engine I want to make sure the oil pressure readout is configured properly. When I go into the oil pressure configuration menu, there are two options for Kavlico sensors. This seems pretty straightforward, but the pressure transducer that came with all the rest of my Garmin stuff doesn't have either one of theses part numbers on the label.

Looking at the attached pictures, would anyone care to hazard a guess as to which one of these options I should select to make sure these two components are talking to each other while I'm motoring the engine over to get oil flowing?
Please forgive the oblique answer, but if you hook up the sender to compressed air e.g. 50 psi, 80 psi etc then you can verify that it is working correctly before the stage of cranking the engine. I usually do this type of progressive testing for sub-components in the system.
The only down side is that you already have torque sealed the sender and the hose! I would pull the hose off.

You have the 150G. First one on the list

I have an AFS EFIS which uses the Skyview EMS board and I updated to the newer style sensors which look like the picture below. I believe the Kavlico sensors have been updated to newer versions for Garmin as well, Kavlico number P4055-5020-4, Garmin part number 011-04202-30. There is a service bulletin from Vans concerning these, Vans SB 00006

Not 100% this affects you but worth checking.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2

@Desert Rat
Per the Garmin Part Number (011-04202-30), you have a Kavlico P4055-5020-4, which is the second item in the G3X Touch sensor list.