I am surprised I didn't see a post on this already, unless I missed it.

Saturday I received an e-mail from Vans saying that I have a kit on order that increased by more than 50% and that they were limiting kit increases to 50% and my price would be adjusted as soon as they can send out a new order confirmation. I have an RV14A fuse on order and a reduction could save about $2k. Sounds like good news. Anyone else get this e-mail?

I haven’t yet, but did see a Facebook post the other day. My original 2021 qb fuse order should qualify If I’ve done the math right.

I too am still waiting on a RV14A QB Fuse (+73%) and QB wings (+55%) order from 2021. I have not received any communication from Van on limiting the increase to 50% but would love to

My assumption is that it's not inclusive of the brake kit on the fuse, or any state taxes. So a slight reduction on the fuse for me, maybe like 2k, but I'll take it if they ever send me the notice. None on the wings though, I'm just below 50%.

With increases of 73% and 55% how can you continue to afford building the plane? If you say no to the increase then you become a creditor and will most likely lose all your money.
What a choice to put your customers in...very disappointing.

So you're convinced that they'll transition to chapter 7 and will cease to exist, huh?
Giving them more money is definitely a high risk because they could certainly go out of business. If enough builders don't go for the increased prices then they will need an influx of cash or they might not survive. And then you lose your initial monies and the increased price monies you have paid. Just my opinion given the financial information they have released.

I really hope they survive because we need them.

My RV10 quick build wings went up close to 70%. I had already signed on for the price increase (still cheaper than a set of Citabria wings) but several days later got the note about the limit being set at 50% - so I'm pretty happy about that. In some way I hope that means they are making progress on survival of the business. Now if only they could roll back my engine increase..

Me too, my RV-14 QB wings and fuse where plus 80% something more. So I am happy for myself but also think this is promising in the whole picture.

With increases of 73% and 55% how can you continue to afford building the plane? If you say no to the increase then you become a creditor and will most likely lose all your money.
What a choice to put your customers in...very disappointing.
Yup I agree and if they do survive and (for how long?) with the way the prices are going on engines, props and everything else its highly unlikely that I'll be able to build myself the RV 15.

Tim

I am surprised I didn't see a post on this already, unless I missed it.

Saturday I received an e-mail from Vans saying that I have a kit on order that increased by more than 50% and that they were limiting kit increases to 50% and my price would be adjusted as soon as they can send out a new order confirmation. I have an RV14A fuse on order and a reduction could save about $2k. Sounds like good news. Anyone else get this e-mail?
Did anyone actually get this email and a reduction? I ask because I got the final payment request for my QB fuse today, and I have not seen anything on this other then here and a post on Facebook. I've asked Van's but have not gotten an email response.

Did anyone actually get this email and a reduction?
I got the email on February 10th. My fuselage kit was delivered a month prior to receiving the email and it had a >50% price increase. The only remaining kit I have on order is the finishing kit and that didn't increase much because they moved the brakes to the fuselage kit. Sooooo, I don't know if they will discount my finishing kit by the amount I should have been credited to my fuselage kit or????

I got the email on February 10th. My fuselage kit was delivered a month prior to receiving the email and it had a >50% price increase. The only remaining kit I have on order is the finishing kit and that didn't increase much because they moved the brakes to the fuselage kit. Sooooo, I don't know if they will discount my finishing kit by the amount I should have been credited to my fuselage kit or????
Thanks I didn’t get an email, so need to continue the questioning.

FYI I did get an answer last night from Anne and it is true a 50% limit on price increase of that line item, and I got a corrected order acknowledgement. Ie my QB fuse was $18,525 when I ordered in late 2021 and went to $30,175 (about 63% increase), and I got an updated order acknowledgement with a credit of $2387.50, which is a corrected line item to $27,787.50, which is 50% increase from my original order. It did not change the brake kit change etc, so again only applies to the line item of the kit only, before taxes as well of course.