VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————
From this weekend’s thread …jclark
Still more tedious work for the behind the panel "infrastructure", but for this first time, the pieces are in the panel.
RV6A. Back at it after 20 years of "Life Happens" and two other RVs.
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.44.42 PM.png

Fuselage clarification …bertschb 14
I got a super fast reply from my email to Vans support. He said to use wheel bearing grease rather than Boelube and this is where he said to skip the primer:
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.42.36 PM.png

Light switches in the power module panel
I am planning on incorporating a VPX Pro into my -14A build, so will have some space on the central wiring channel since I won't be placing the power module there. However, it looks to be a great place to incorporate ancillary items like light switches, USB ports and heated seat switches. Has anyone done this? I"m thinking of using the angled sides from the power module kit along with a solid top and cutting it as needed for switches. Any potential issues in placing the switches here instead of on the panel?
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.41.37 PM.png

Oil Temp probe wiring; Overthought amateur question of the day
Trying to maintain fidelity with the G3X manual.
Wiring for the oil temp probe. G3 manual calls for a shielded, twisted pair.
OK. The contradictions are:
- Other TCs (EGTs, CHTs) utilize relatively expensive, unshielded, non-twisted TC leads.
- Flying leads from the Oil Temp probe are simple 22gage wires (no shielding).
Follow-up question. Shield would obviously have to float on the device end. What size unshielded window would be acceptable?
Anybody here get me smarter on this? Thx.

JeremyL 7A Status
Just moved her into a long awaited hangar. Time to really get things done!
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.40.03 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.45.26 PM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: