VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

A Bit Less Drafty (6A Slider)
This may be old news to the "original" RV-6 folks, but might be of general interest to others. My RV-6A (slider canopy) has always been a little bit “drafty.” Based on anecdotal conversations and forum discussions, my guess is that the level of draftiness is more or less typical (and I’m too lazy/not interested in adding things like aileron boots, etc. that can help).
For reasons I will not bore you with, I recently added a modest bit of simple “Edge Trim Black Small, Fits Edge 1/16 to 1/8 Inch” rubber welt to the edge of the sheet metal where the top of the fuselage/turtledeck skin ends and gets covered by the backside of the fiberglass slider canopy skirt when the canopy is closed. [IOW more or less on top of the baggage compartment bulkhead.] Attached snips provide a visual.
Turns out this little bit of rubber welt has made a major reduction in the level of draftiness. Who knew?! Apparently, much of the draft was coming in via this top of fuselage/sliding canopy. Still a little bit of draftiness going on, of course, as an RV-6A is not exactly an F-16, but this is right up there with the best $11 spent to-date in my aviation ownership experience.
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.33.06 PM.png

Old School Use of Terminal Blocks
Just one way (an old one at that!) of connecting wing wiring to the fuselage, taking into account the possible need to disconnect them sometime in the future. AND, having the floorboards removable for access
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.30.47 PM.png

Rudder Horn question
I am getting ready to rebuild the tail fins on my 14A.
Looking in the Vans store at some of the parts I might optionally replace to not have to disassemble the previous rudder I see what seems to be a change to the Rudder Horn. Specifically there are two bushings (VA-137) shown in the store that I never saw in my kit. But I can not find any reference to this change, and none of the construction manuals I can find show the bushings.
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.31.33 PM.png

Shawn’s RV-4 Build

I have been trying to label them all. I had a label maker so I am using it and putting clear heat shrink over it. It does not do the heat shrink labels. If I had a lot more to do, I think I would go with the Rhino series of printers and heat shrink tubing. That makes labeling look pretty easy!
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.32.23 PM.png

Post your 7/7A Interior Photos
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.34.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.33.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.33.39 PM.png

Page 14-08, Bolt call outs
Has anyone gone to the trouble of mapping out the bolts by location in an easier/clearer way to read than is shown on this page? I understand that some are inserted from the forward and others from the aft side of the spar, but I get confused with regard to the inboard-most 4 or 5 ribs.
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 1.42.35 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.35.54 PM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: