VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

Van's Aircraft Business Update - February 17th (video)

2nd opinion wanted for location of Vertical Power PPS module
Getting ready to make a hole in the firewall. So, I thought I'd solicit a 2nd opinion.
I want to locate the Vertical Power PPS module where the forward battery mount would be. I'm installing an AGM battery in the aft location for CG considerations. And, I've already located the VP-X module on the cross braces just forward of the instrument panel.
Anyone done it this way, or have any suggestions?
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 7.55.22 AM.png

New Garmin Panel Complete! G3X Touch
It took awhile, but my new panel is finally done.

Aerolab Gascolator
This is a photo I took during assembly a couple of years ago. This is an RV-6 however the RV-7/9 are very similar in this area and you'd have no problems mounting the Aerolab here. I have a fuel injected engine and this filter is after the Andair tank selector but before the pump.
I didn't want to be maintaining any filters in my cabin (besides the smell and mess, its also cramped getting in and out) so the Aerolab provided to perfect solution for me. Maintenance and servicing has been easy. I'm very happy with this product and wouldn't hesitate to use another one if building again.
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 1.56.13 PM.png

Convert to manual flaps
RV-6 Drawing 42 shows detail of the manual flap mechanism. I haven't seen feedback from anyone who has reverted to manual from electric so can't offer suggestions. Post #3 may be the best info you will find.
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 4.46.42 PM.png

Rebuilt carb install
I installed a rebuilt MA-4SPA carb on my RV-6. The only thing I’m not 100% certain on is the torque setting on the fuel line connection. Picture below.
I tightened to 40 inch/pounds per a note I read previously. No sealant or picture of any kind. Is that all I have to do? I do not have any leaks and have test run.
Just not sure if there is any type of safety required in the connection. The nut size was 11/16” and I believe that equates to a # 6 B nut.
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 4.47.15 PM.png

Hartzell CS prop Leak Help
Found this after the last flight. This prop has 100hrs since new, has been dynamically balanced and was in the box just short of 2 years before the first flight last March.
Short of removing it and taking it to a prop shop...what can I do?
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 4.47.53 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 4.48.40 PM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: