VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

Van's is Hiring - Engineering and Prototype Shop Positions
We're hiring, and have open positions in our Engineering department and prototype shop. If you know an engineer or mechanic who might be interested, please forward this to them.
* Our Engineering team seeks a Sustaining Engineer to help drive ongoing support for the RV fleet, as well as an Engineering Drafter with talent and experience in modeling and CAD software, including Solidworks.
* If you're an A&P mechanic and/or experienced RV builder, take a look at the two technician/mechanic positions in our Prototype Shop, where you'd help maintain the RV demo fleet and contribute to the future of the company and its designs.
Please check out the job postings at https://www.vansaircraft.com/careers/ - and thanks!
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.44.51 AM.png

FS: New 78-inch, 3-blade MT Propeller for RV-10 (IO-540)
(From Factory)
We had a cancellation, so available to ship immediately from MT's factory is one brand new, just manufactured, 78-inch, three-blade propeller for the IO-540/RV-10, model MTV9B/198-52. This prop comes in white with red tips.
Price is $18,750 which includes shipping from the MT factory to your selected MT assembly/service center location within the USA or Canada. The cost of shipping from the assembly center to you (if applicable) is additional and will be arranged between you and the assembly center that you choose. If you want to purchase this, you'll need two make the payment in full and it will ship within days.
If you are interested in this propeller, please send an email to [email protected].
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.44.51 AM.png

Followup: Removing fuel tank from assembled RV-10
Just a follow up. I did manage to remove my tank this past weekend. I found it very frustrating to remove the bolts with the aileron push rod in the way. I removed the wing tip, removed the two push rod bolts and viola, was able to move it out of the wing enough to make it very easy to remove the 18 bolts. I lamented this for months but in reality, it was quite easy with the push rod removed. I also purchased some teflon sockets which prevented my tools from scratching the anodized spar. Oh, I did purchase a battery operated ratchet from Harbor Freight. the smallest they made. It worked flawlessly!
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.43.39 AM.png

S/N:20477
…first flight 11/17/2017. 550TT, IO-360M1B, MT 3 blade, Dual AFS 5600T, 380X150 tires. 3M 1080 vinyl.
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.42.05 AM.png

EZ-"OOPS"
I took Paul's idea to make a "replacement" sealed pull rivet a step further, and remade the head into the equivalent of a -3 bucked rivet, through some lathe work and the use of a 120 Ton hydraulic press I have access to, for cold working the head shape - including changing the included angle for pulled rivets from 120* to the AN standard of 100*. All of which allows (if the op chooses) drilling out the leaking -3 bucked rivet (to 1/8") and using my EZ-OOPS with ProSeal as a replacement. I have had a "leak" test going for some months now with no failures. You may need to lightly "swirl" a machine countersink (100*) in the repair hole to insure a good seal with the replacement - check as needed before pulling the replacement. If you would like a couple, I'd be glad to send them - the only caveat is the length. For skin to rib contact use AK41H, for skin to rear baffle contact use AK42H.
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.41.12 AM.png

Legacy RV-12 Exhaust bulletin SB-00005 day late
I am going to have to perform this bulletin now as the 25 hour inspection timeframe did not suffice. This caused the original #2 pipe to break in two. I was at 4500’ and had no choice but to continue to home destination ( I did not know what had happened at the time). The break burned a hole thru the inner part of the lower cowling going to the radiator passageway. I now have a cowling that will need repair, but will be fine. In hindsight I guess I should have just replaced it sooner but with all the other bulletins I had to do and the fact that when I inspected it I saw absolutely no issues. Total time is 220 hours. I figured I would pass this along to remind any others needing this done to move it up the list , parts of course are on Backorder.
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.39.57 AM.png

What is "normal" fuel pressure (carbureted)?
“…It accomplished the intended purpose of raising fuel pressures from the dangerously low level I had. Before, the pressures were 1-3 psi in flight (sometimes as low as 0.1 psi, triggering an alarm). After the design change, the pressure is 5-8 psi, and averages 6.8 psi in cruise. It still fluctuates, but at least it's at a safe pressure to keep the engine running.
However, now I have a carburetor leaking fuel.”
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.39.31 AM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 8.47.37 AM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: