Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend. v/r, dr

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————
Vlad being Vlad <g>
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.59.57 AM.png

In-flight -12 Pic …HansLab
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.59.21 AM.png

For the tailwheel guys, main gear toe-in or toe-out?

I measured my gear, and I'm toe-out 1/4* each side. Grove gear and axles.
In racing cars, toe-out adds instability, and a tendency follow any turning inputs. It makes a car that will want to pitch into the corners, but can be darty on straights.
Toe-in will give you a car that rolls straight, and resists turning inputs.
I would describe my 8 as darty on rollout.
So I can adjust my toe in 1/4* increments using shims from grove. Should I go zero toe, or toe-in? What's everyone else doing?
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.58.28 AM.png

Air Filter PIREP
…Dan 57
my ride's approaching 20 years and 2,000 hours, and the filters dug some grooves over time. Used 1mm alu sheet and epoxied this "ring" in.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.57.17 AM.png

I got hosed today
TS Flightlines strikes again. I needed sender hoses, called Tom, and all he said was I got you covered. He knows his stuff and the products are outstanding.
Actually Tom said more than that and we shot the breeze for a while. What a great source of info he has in his noggin.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.54.07 AM.png

Suction Screen Plug Update …MarkCFI
Well here’s the solution.
What I didn’t notice from the side of the aircraft was that there was a hangar for the sump heater that was interfering just enough to keep the plug from threading.
Shen I looked from the bottom I could see it so I loosened it up and moved out of the way and the plug went right in.
Thanks for the quick responses. Now on to the most challenging part. The safety wire for that plug.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.53.06 AM.png

My first foam mold part - 60 degree 2" duct elbow
A 60 degree elbow to better point the heat muff air supply fitting on the right rear baffle.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.51.46 AM.png

Panel …frank RV-8
Finishing touches and configuration, panel is alive... tack dropped off and need to install fuel flow red cube.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.49.54 AM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.49.19 AM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: