Drove out to the hangar Tue morning for the first time in weeks (bride has an injured foot). Felt nice to just sweep and clean up the hangar for a couple hours. Hard to get out there these days, will get it squared away eventually. Longest annual ever <g>.
Have a nice Wednesday, dr.

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

Did I just ruin my Rudder Spar with smiles?
Sigh... I was squeezing the rivets that attach the K1000-6 nutplates to the Rudder Spar (R-00902-1) on Page 07-05 and must have been getting tired... I now have two smiles in the aluminium.
Have I just ruined it, What do the experts think, will I need to buy another spar? (I'm kicking myself
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.03.32 AM.png

Slider roll bar question …AndyWW reply
Apologies for the thread resurrection, but this seems like a good place for my observation/question. I have been studying the drawings (41, 42, 43) very carefully for my RV-7 slider roll-bar installation. I have drilled the #40 pilot holes for the 4 bolts into the aft canopy deck in the positions called out in drawing 42 detail A, and made the C-668 spacers, but haven't drilled the roll bar yet.
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.08.36 AM.png

Duplex Fuel Valve / Mounting Plate …TASEsq reply
In the end, I made up a nutplate ring to sit under the valve, and drilled the existing plate to match the nutplate ring. I elongated the forward holes. It’s nice and rigid.
One small thing for anyone doing this change - my valve came with smaller screws (looked like #8). The Van’s instructions got the stock valve use #10, so
I made the nutplate ring with #10 holes and K1000-3 (10/32”) nutplates.
The factory had neglected to clean out the brass swarf from the tapped hole in the stem of the valve, so when I turned it upside down it dropped brass into the bottom of the aeroplane. Something to be careful of I guess.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/duplex-fuel-valve-mounting-plate.225895/post-1760058
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.09.59 AM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.12.28 AM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: