FYI: There was a VAF News yesterday on Easter.

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 9.36.50 AM.png

Status Report 12 Tailcone …Bob C.
I'm almost done. Working on the tailcone fairing which fits fine but this method of drilling holes to attach to the tailcone is whacked. After this, I'll probably do the radiator service bulletin while waiting for the summer heat to finish the work on the canopy I started last year. Then, just put everything together and decide whether 8 years on the ground is too much to go back flying.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/show-us-the-status-of-your-rv-12.29232/page-14#post-1758268
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 9.38.06 AM.png

RV-14 Wiring gotcha PG 56-04
Found a typo on the wiring diagram. The two loose wires from the aft part of the tail cone that are part of the elevator trim system are show in effect going through the luggage wall bulkhead so that they can plug into C411P but then are jumper-ed on C431J Dynon and C411J Garmin connectors to wires going back forward to the cockpit. (1st picture with Servos)
There is no logical reason for this wiring loop de loop. I asked Van's and they agree and are not sure why it was drawn like that.
I am enclosing a before and after of what the Dynon wiring set up should look like. Everything forward of the dashed grey line is connectors located in the cockpit. everything aft is in the tail. The dotted circle in my diagram represents the hole under the C411J connector. (picture 1) By wiring directly you will not put a strain on the wires that were being forced to do a 180 deg bend, and are opening up 2 pin locations for other wires if needed.
Also on my wiring harness from Dynon the Red/White Yaw Disconnect wire is cut off and not pinned into the connector for some reason.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/rv-14-wiring-gotcha-pg-56-04.225761/
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 9.39.08 AM.png

VAN’S AIRCRAFT CHAPTER 11 REORGANIZATION PLAN FILED

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 9.42.07 AM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: