RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Stuart Jet Center

Just got back from a wonderfun trip to Jupiter. We flew into Stuart and parked way out on the ramp under a Stuart Jet Center sign. Never saw anyone or talked to anyone until we trekked in about 300 yards with our bags and registered. We left 3 days later and were presented with an $83.00 ramp bill. $20.00 a night ramp fee x3 and a $20.00 facilities charge. Nice facility, nice folks taking my money. There fuel prices were $2.00 a gallon higher than up the road a few miles.

All in all a learning experience. They would have waived the facility fee had I bought gas but I didn't.

It's a nice little airport with big city fees.

Last edited:
They must be used to gouging all those rich folks over in Sarasota.
I must admit, however, I've seen a LOT of airports charging $15 per night for a ramp fee; but I thought medical establishments were the only ones charging a "facility fee". Ugh.

Just got back from a wonderfun trip to Jupiter. We flew into Stuart and parked way out on the ramp under a Sarasota Jet Center sign. Never saw anyone or talked to anyone until we trekked in about 300 yards with our bags and registered. We left 3 days later and were presented with an $83.00 ramp bill. $20.00 a night ramp fee x3 and a $20.00 facilities charge. Nice facility, nice folks taking my money. There fuel prices were $2.00 a gallon higher than up the road a few miles.

All in all a learning experience. They would have waived the facility fee had I bought gas but I didn't.

It's a nice little airport with big city fees.

Ok, I'm confused. Sarasota Jet Center or Stuart Jet Center. Turbo could have hooked you up Widget. He's got a hangar at Stuart.

Last edited:
Stuart Jet Center..

Ok, I'm confused. Sarasota Jet Center or Stuart Jet Center. Turbo could have hooked you up Widget. He's got a hangar at Stuart.

Good catch. Flew from Sarasota to Stewart. It was Stuart Jet Center. I've used them before several times. Never been charged a facilities fee. It's a nice place. Just don't like being gouged.

Good catch. Flew from Sarasota to Stewart. It was Stuart Jet Center. I've used them before several times. Never been charged a facilities fee. It's a nice place. Just don't like being gouged.

Very surprising!

I just did a couple overnights in KTPA. Landmark charged me $10 per night and waived the handling fee with only 7 gallons. I think that is more in line for our type airplanes.

Even Signature only charges $10 per night.

yes you should of checked in with turbo nation for some good rates. was it raining when you were here. finally getting back to normal again. ;)
yes i do remember seeing your rv under the jet center sign.
IMG_5857.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Turbo. You're right, should have checked with the local guru, but I learned. Rained a bunch while I was there, but I just missed the deluge Wednesday afternoon..

Hope to see you next time..