kirkbauer

I'm considering the Artex 345 ELT for my RV-10 build. While I'm waiting for my fuselage kit I was thinking about getting the mounting location figured out.

Has anybody mounted this in their RV-10? Where did you mount it? Is there a kit for the mount?

While I haven’t selected my ELT yet, I installed a Vans strobe/ELT mount between the J channel just aft of the forward-most tailbone bulkhead. Looking at the Artex install manual, you should be able to attach their mounting tray to the surface of the Vans mount. Vans sells left and right-sided versions, one of which is here. I put in two - one for the ELT and one for a remote COM2.

I used the Vans strobe/elt bracket as well. One thing to keep in mind is you will need to drill new holes for nut plates for the Artex since they don't line up to the ones already drilled in the bracket.

and on RV9A, the rudder cable runs behind it. I had to install my ELT mount last and this forced me to use a pop rivet; an aviation approved pop rivet.

and on RV9A, the rudder cable runs behind it. I had to install my ELT mount last and this forced me to use a pop rivet; an aviation approved pop rivet.
Same on the 7. Plus, now that I've gotten the rudder rigged I discovered a tendency for the cable to rub on the stiffening flanges on the fore and aft vertical edges of that mounting plate. Matter of fact, I started a thread just this morning looking for suggestions about how other folks have mitigated that...

Same on the 7. Plus, now that I've gotten the rudder rigged I discovered a tendency for the cable to rub on the stiffening flanges on the fore and aft vertical edges of that mounting plate. Matter of fact, I started a thread just this morning looking for suggestions about how other folks have mitigated that...
I cut out an inch of these flanges to give room for the rudder cables. The mount tray will stiffen the assembly and you could add some stiffeners if you think necessary.

I did the same along with the remote Com2. EarthX battery was moved just inside the firewall on top of the tunnel.
Hey Bill,
Do you have a picture of your EarthX battery mount/installation? I’d love to see how you’ve done that.
Mark

Hey Bill,
Do you have a picture of your EarthX battery mount/installation? I’d love to see how you’ve done that.
Mark
Here ya go. Accessible from Co Pilot side. Very short wire run.

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36