stigaro

Well Known Member
I am planning on incorporating a VPX Pro into my -14A build, so will have some space on the central wiring channel since I won't be placing the power module there. However, it looks to be a great place to incorporate ancillary items like light switches, USB ports and heated seat switches. Has anyone done this? I"m thinking of using the angled sides from the power module kit along with a solid top and cutting it as needed for switches. Any potential issues in placing the switches here instead of on the panel?

Attachments

• PowerModule.jpg
    PowerModule.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 50
I am planning on incorporating a VPX Pro into my -14A build, so will have some space on the central wiring channel since I won't be placing the power module there. However, it looks to be a great place to incorporate ancillary items like light switches, USB ports and heated seat switches. Has anyone done this? I"m thinking of using the angled sides from the power module kit along with a solid top and cutting it as needed for switches. Any potential issues in placing the switches here instead of on the panel?

Yes, you will want to wire it for easy removal to allow access to the fuel filter and pump. I used Deutsch DT and DTM. For the power circuits.

Jim '

The power module is no longer produced by Van's so this location usually gets covered with a blank plate or a circuit breaker panel. If you are using a VPX, then you will be covering the tunnel with a blank plate. We have put USB chargers, seat heat switches, and occasionally switches here without issue. As mentioned above, you just want to make sure that you leave a service loop so you can easily remove the cover. Here is an example of one we did that had two switches, and ELT control head, and a USB charger.
RV-14 Tunnel Cover.jpg