kirkbauer

I see that the 650/750 take two power inputs and, unlike many other components, it is to provide more power and not simply redundancy.

I also see that one power connection is for the radio and the other is presumably for everything else.

Question: what happens if you put separate breakers on the two power inputs and then pull one of them, specifically the radio one? Will the 650/750 work normally (other than the radio) with only one power input?

I see that the 650/750 take two power inputs and, unlike many other components, it is to provide more power and not simply redundancy.

I also see that one power connection is for the radio and the other is presumably for everything else.

Question: what happens if you put separate breakers on the two power inputs and then pull one of them, specifically the radio one? Will the 650/750 work normally (other than the radio) with only one power input?

I've got a 650, and have one circuit for the "NAV" portion and another for the "COMM" portion, thus pulling a breaker affects that particular function. They should have separate breakers.

During setup with the VPX, i tested that to be the case - the NAV worked, but COMM didn't and vice versa, so yes, your NAV should still work if the COMM is pulled.

Phil
KBTF
Salt Lake City
RV-10 built, flying
Murphy Moose, building