N514CL

Bernie Warnke 66” / 76 Pitch Prop that was to be used on a 150HP Lycoming O-320 slated for a Thorp. It was mounted, but never run/flown.

There is a small nick in the trailing edge that can be seen in the photos. Looks more or less cosmetic.

Located at KRHV, San Jose, CA.

$800 + shipping (or you pick it up).

IMG_4688.jpeg

IMG_4690.jpeg

IMG_4692.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg

IMG_4694.jpeg

IMG_4696.jpeg
IMG_4686.jpeg

Many years ago, I got to fly behind one of these on a 6a with 160hp.

What I noticed as compared to other fixed pitch props, this "almost constant speed" prop did in fact flex more upon initial loading, allowing a few more RPM from the engine on takeoff. Thus it would out accelerate other fixed pitch wood props that were appropriately "dialed in" on engines of the same power.

Bernie made a nice wood prop.

Many years ago, I got to fly behind one of these on a 6a with 160hp.

What I noticed as compared to other fixed pitch props, this "almost constant speed" prop did in fact flex more upon initial loading, allowing a few more RPM from the engine on takeoff. Thus it would out accelerate other fixed pitch wood props that were appropriately "dialed in" on engines of the same power.

Bernie made a nice wood prop.
I tell people that it seems to flex some on initial loading, and they just look at me with that 'huh' look on their face. But I can FEEL mine gripping the air a little better as the prop starts to wind up and move through the air. I might just say Bernie, RIP, made the BEST wooden props! Definitely the best LOOKING! Love mine! If I had a spare $800, I would buy this one just to hang on the wall!! 🥰