Untainted123

Well Known Member
1997 RV-6, with slider canopy and IFR setup. Asking reduced: $95,000 OBO

1997 RV-6 N139TX SN: 23139
Total Hours (Airframe, Engine, Prop): ~1300 hours (flown regularly, times will change)
Last Annual: 05/2023, Randy Richmond at 52F
Last IFR Cert: 09/2023, North Texas Avionics at T67
Prop: Hartzell CS HC-C2YK-1BF, IRAN 04/2022 at Byam Prop at KFTW ~150hrs ago, Blades: J17861, J17859, Hub: CH33145B (no AD)
Engine: O-360-A4A, converted to a -B1A (original builder wanted to run car gas, so wanted low compression). Serial: L-23010-36A. Chrome cylinders. Right eMag, Left Slick Impulse. KN Oil filter.
Paint: Poplawski

Avionics:
2x Garmin G5's
Trio Pro Pilot, coupled to
Garmin 400W via GAD29, so the autopilot will fly coupled WAAS approaches
GMU 11
GAD 13
2x Garmin GTR200
PMA 1000II Audio
JPI 830
Garmin GDL 88 ADSB In/Out (on the 400W)

Features:
Electric Flaps
Analog trim
Smoke system installed (which I only used a few times), with tank behind the baggage wall and external filler cap. Has an on-demand button and continuous mode switch.
Plumbed for an extra 16gal fuel tank in the baggage compartment. I removed it for the space, but I have the tank and it can be reinstalled.
Koger sunshade
Custom fuselage cover
SuperTracks canopy slider extender

Condition:
Paint is still pretty good, with usual wear and tear for almost 30 years. Some crazing on the cowl, but not noticeable when clean and waxed.
Interior is faux leather gray with coarse woven blue, though there is a seam separation in one of the seat backs (I have contacted someone that can refurbish them, just haven't done it yet).

I am the 3rd owner after the builder, Cecil McRee. I have the logbook with pictures showing him building it in his garage. I bought it in 05/2021 and got my TW endorsement in it, and have flown it about 220hr since, a couple times to OSH and around TX and OK. According to several very knowledgable builders, it's a solid, straight RV-6 build.

You can text, VAF PM, or call (preferred order) at (the FTW area code that starts with 8)-875-0658. I can send more pics, FaceTime, etc. Several on here can vouch for me IRL.

Outside.jpegPanel.jpeg

Last edited:
This Fine RV6 is Hangared in RV Central. We have turned out 55 RVs since 1996.
If the new caretaker needs hanger space? The rent is $400 per month.
Plus you will be at the center of the RV world with knowledge base from around the world.

Price lowered to $99k OBO. I don't need or want to give it away, but I would also like to move on to the next thing (some sort of 4 seater so my wife and daughter can join me more often together)

Trying one last time at $95k. You can't build it for that price, even if you work for free. It's a great first RV for someone out there, like it has been for me.

Dang, this one is tempting - even though I already have two RVs! Previously flew Cubs and quickly learned 90% of my missions work just fine with a good tailwheel RV (and they cruise 60 kts faster).

Looks like a great deal for someone.