Sandrews

Well Known Member
RV7A. 160hp O320. Currently has a Sterba wood prop on it. Want to go three blade. Catto composite three blade or Sensenich composite ground adjustable three blade? Not interested in two blade props. I understand the issues with cowl removeal on the three blade with the nose gear.

Thanks

Last edited:
I switched my Warnke 2-blade for a 3-blade Catto on my O-320 160hp. Mine is pitched for cruise (would need to go the hanger to tell you the details)

Anyway, seems smoother and I'm seeing 160kts true in cruise.

YMMV

[Almost forgot, it's a little tricker getting the bootom cowl off, but that's the price I pay for that sexy 3-blade look]

Not bad

I have a 9A which is the same as the 7A firewall forward. I have a 3 blade Catto. I lengthened the bottom cowl's slot and cover plate by one more screw (~4 ") and it is not hard getting the cowl off. The hardest part is reaching around the spinner, reaching through the prop, to lower the cowl. But I can take off the cowl by myself without touching the prop blades .

If I had to do it over again, would I buy a two blade instead? probably. But the three blade looks cool.

I love the sensenich prop very cool design that allows for ground adjustability. I had one problem where the blade leading edge delaminated. Sensenich fixed it under warranty but unfortunately did a terrible job repainting so now the clear coat peels bad. The original blades when new did not do that though.