N8DAV8R

Well Known Member
I'm out of Tracy and need to do occasional business in Bakersfield. That trip is kind of a sweet spot where my RV-12 is a good solution. The airplane was recently completed and I do not (yet) have any kind of canopy lock. With various things I'm chasing, that's pretty low on my priority list.

Is there a safe place to park in Bakersfield? I'm assuming I can get a ride share to where I need to go, but would leave the plane for most of the day. Possibly overnight. Any advice from the locals?

Been a while since I was visiting Bakersfield regularly, (not a local) but as I recall . . .
Bakersfield Muni (L45) is in a sketchy part of town but is small and more GA friendly (and cheaper gas).
Meadows Field (BFL) is a larger operation and you park your little plane at a jet center style FBO.
Shafter-Minter (MIT) is a good spot (lots of cool EXP there) if not too far out.

Epic

I, too, do business in Bakersfield. I negotiated a deal with Epic for keeping my plane in the hangar. They have a good 2 hr free car loaner program (can be extended for a rate) or can arrange a rental. Always been real good with service.