What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV gathering and Planes of Fame Airshow at Chino, CA

bruceh

Well Known Member
Another awesome get together hosted by the Chino RV gang. I counted over 30 RV's that flew in. The Planes of Fame theme this year was "Lightning Strikes Chino". There were SIX P-38 Lightning's there. Over a dozen P-51's and all sorts of other vintage warbirds putting on quite a show. Sean D. Tucker performed his act, and the weather was warm and sunny all day.

I took a bunch of photos. Enjoy!

Big Iron in the SoCal sky

Coming home from work Friday (Eastbound CA-78) I saw some big aircraft circling. Gawk-o-meter immediately pegged - it was the B-24 and B-17 orbiting near home. Darn commuters refused to turn the freeway into a parking lot to watch history flying overhead!

Sunday morning at brunch on the coast, wifely said "I hear an airplane. " I pooh-poohed her silliness, blaming the sound on a compressor; the skies were leaden, with low clouds and rain sweeping in from the ocean. She then asked "what's that" as the B-24 cruised down the coast (she's a keeper.)

The other restaurant patrons just... stopped... their conversations in mid-sentence, as they watched me wrestle the window coverings for a view of the Liberator, as the big red tail divided the steely sea from the gray sky.

[back to work now...]

iPhone Shot

Not something you get to see every day. Sunday, 5 May, 2013, Chino CA.

30cc5efa-7970-40a1-804f-a8823fd87b44.jpg

Not something you get to see every day. Sunday, 5 May, 2013, Chino CA.

30cc5efa-7970-40a1-804f-a8823fd87b44.jpg

John,
Is there any way I can talk you out of a copy of the full size image for this picture? The P-38 is one of my all-time favorite airplanes (next to RV's of course...)!
(would love a copy big enough to crop down to just the P-38's for computer wallpaper)

Thanks in advance,

Back