What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEW RV-8 Ultimate Gust Lock

PerfTech

Well Known Member
... Coming very soon! Here is a photo of the new "Ultimate Gust Lock" for the RV-8 models with cockpit or in flight adjustable rudder pedals. It really came out nice and is even much smaller and lighter than the previous units for the all 6, all 7 & all 9s that are available now. We will have these available soon (out for plating) if you would like to pre-order one. We will have all models (8 ground adjustable, RV-10 & RV-12 in a couple of weeks, so do yourself a favor and try this product. You will be happy, We guarantee it. Thanks, Allan... :D

Last edited:
Hi Allen, your gust lock is a thing of beauty; does just the spring action from the adjustable tube keep the stick from being able to move aft? I can see the stick cannot move forward, but it seems like with a little force, the stick could move aft and cause the fork to come off the rudder tubes. Keep up the good work, your products are great for RV's

Hi Allan...
The unit at the top of the photo is for the RV-8 with adjustable pedals!
v
So...nothing for the RV-8 with ground adjustable rudder pedals?
You might be falling foul of some Vans terminology here ;)

"ground adjustable rudder pedals" is what Vans call the ones that require spanners and your head stuck under the dash to "adjust".

The "adjustable" ones (with the toggle and wire) that can easily be adjusted, even in flight, are called "COCKPIT-ADJUSTABLE SLIDING RUDDER PEDALS"

I cannot work out from the photos which (or both) yours work with, but just trying to clear up Jack's question.

Hi Allan... vYou might be falling foul of some Vans terminology here ;)

"ground adjustable rudder pedals" is what Vans call the ones that require spanners and your head stuck under the dash to "adjust".

The "adjustable" ones (with the toggle and wire) that can easily be adjusted, even in flight, are called "COCKPIT-ADJUSTABLE SLIDING RUDDER PEDALS"

I cannot work out from the photos which (or both) yours work with, but just trying to clear up Jack's question.

...Thank you for the information and you are absolutely correct, I had the terminology wrong. The unit we currently have is for the COCKPIT-ADJUSTABLE SLIDING RUDDER so I will need a airplane with ground adjustable rudder pedals to prototype as well, or to see if our existing model will work. Any one in our area with this model please give us a call. Thank you again for the help. Allan:D:D

RV-8 "Ultimate Gust Lock"

.... I took the gust lock prototype for the RV-8 air adjustable pedals model with me to The Chino Airshow an had the privilege of trying it in several RV-8s, some with ground adjustable pedals. It appears that both models will us the same Gust Lock as the basic pedals are the same. This being said, we will have finished Gust locks for all RV-8 models in about two weeks. Thanks to you guys that helped with the fitting Etc. Allan... :D

Gust Lock

Hi Allan: The gust lock looks good. If you have it ready for the RV-8 with ground adjustable pedals please let me know! I think I'd like one. Thank you. Bill

Back