What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old Hat

XOverZero

Well Known Member
A huge thank you to site meister DR for initiating the new VAF hat source. As you can see, I desperately need a new one. The old one was getting nasty to the point that they wouldn?t even let me wear it in church any more. Like, how bad is that?

I?ze thinkin??mine is icky enough but I bet there are some others out there in VAF land that are even worse. Any interest in a ?Show Your Nasty VAF Hat? thread?

3db435f3-f546-454c-9966-d71e85b4adc3.jpg

The prototype...

The very first VansAirForce.net baseball cap. Worn and washed until structural failure. Note '1' written on inside of adjustable strap. It lives on the shelf behind my desk (with '2').

V/r,
dr

hatprototype.jpg

Last edited:
RV Hat

Well the title says "Old Hat" not VAF hat so here is mine. This one isn't retired, it is the one I generally wear in the RV. It has been dishwashed a couple of times. Still a bit stiff, but I expect it to be fully broken in in about another 1,000 hours of RV flight.

IMG_0733.jpg

Last edited:
A huge thank you to site meister DR for initiating the new VAF hat source. As you can see, I desperately need a new one. The old one was getting nasty to the point that they wouldn?t even let me wear it in church any more. Like, how bad is that?

John, I always assumed your flying hat was the one you were wearing in your avatar. So it's not a self-portrait then? :D

my VAF hat was worthy of a pic till i cleaned it with oxi clean. like new except for some sweat stains. ;)
img0783jo.jpg

Back