What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tsam Paint Job

n5lp

fugio ergo sum
I got my April 2013 Kitplanes today. I thought Paul Dye's article on the Tsam paint job was really good. It is an unusual paint job and many decisions needed to be made. I was roughly familiar with the story but was still very interested.

DSCF3193.jpg

This is the first time I saw the airplane. Louise was refueling at Andrews, Texas.

DSCF3197.jpg

Pretty fierce, like the creatures themselves.​

DSCF3204.jpg

Louise, banking away.

DSCF3240.jpg

Guadalupe Mountains National Park​

DSCF3258.jpg

Louise, clearing Guadalupe Pass. These aerial photos by George West and Larry Pardue.​

I read my online issue and the one thing that stood out to me was with Paul becoming the editor, it should lower his work load. It looked like he wrote the entire issue! I do look forward to continued enjoyment reading Kitplanes with Paul in the left seat.

He sure has a beautiful plane.

I read my online issue and the one thing that stood out to me was with Paul becoming the editor, it should lower his work load. It looked like he wrote the entire issue! I do look forward to continued enjoyment reading Kitplanes with Paul in the left seat.

He sure has a beautiful plane.

The appropriate terminology is "THEY" sure have a beautiful plane...:D...and since I am out at Big Bear for the month with the Valkyrie, Tsam is all Louise's until April (I hope to take Tsam to SnF).

Paul

Thanks for posting the photos of Tsam, Larry. I didn't remember seeing the photo of her coming around El Capitan before.

Oh, Tsamsiyu was in a magazine? I must see if I can pick that up somewhere.

Amazing pictures. The 3rd from the last looks almost out of the film if you stand back a bit. ;)

Oh, Tsamsiyu was in a magazine? I must see if I can pick that up somewhere.

Amazing pictures. The 3rd from the last looks almost out of the film if you stand back a bit. ;)

Check out the April issue of Kitplanes Magazine - there is a long feature on the development and execution of the paint scheme.

Paul

Back