What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

www.planeinnovations.com

Jackm

Well Known Member
I was informed by Paul's family, that Paul passed away on Saturday in a plane crash. I talked to Paul on Saturday morning about final details on a triple firewall pass through he was building for us and finished before going flying. I enjoyed conversation with Paul and his knowledge even though I did not know him well. Please remember his family ,friends and employees in your prayers. He will be missed!

So sorry to hear this. I have one of his ss heat duct in my plane. Paul sounds like he was a great guy. I never talked to him, but everyone knew of him. The news said he hit power lines. Our prayers are with him and his family.

Very Sad!!!

I was parked next to Paul at Oshkosh in 2011. We talked everyday about his company and mine and these great planes.

I was ready to order some of his stuff soon for my new plane.

Anyone know when, where, why? Very sad day indeed.

Approximately 9 nm ENE of 1L7. High tension power lines on sectional chart. There were 24 power line accidents last year involving airplanes, helicopters or balloons in the US. Be careful down low.

Last edited:
I didn't know Paul, but I just recently installed one of his stainless steel heater box valves on my firewall. An excellent product, very nicely made. We exchanged emails and it was a pleasure doing business with him. This really is a shock. I know the pain, all too well, of losing a close loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Paul Bowmar

Very sad news! I worked with Paul a couple of years ago to make the heat vents for the RV-10. He was passionate about making the best parts out there to the point that his e-mail to me stated " I put a torch to the vents and they held up well, unfortunately it got so hot I had a minor fire and the fire department was called out, all is fine but it might be a few days before I can send out the parts to you"
I will miss him, he played a big part in our RV, and anyone who knew him knew his parts were first rate.
Pascal
RV-10

Paul

Very sad,

We spoke a few times about our parts. He was always very nice and invited me to fly down and visit. Paul was a very likable guy.

Back