What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagles Nest kids featured on the news

DeltaTango

ABC13 news, featured the Eagles Nest 3 project.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8956860#.UPd8Rt22hdM.mailto

35ddgyq.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Very nice - what a great program. I have been following Bob Kelly's build and now flights. I didn't know about this program. These kids are getting experience they will be able to talk about and remember the rest of their lives. What a great way to help ensure the future of experimental aviation than getting kids involved. All those involved are really making a difference and deserve our support and appreciation. In a few years when I retire, I would love to be involved in a build with students like this. Thanks.

I would have loved to have this program in high school. Just amazing experience for them. I just can't imagine the kind of opportunity this is. I hope each and every one of them appreciates what they are getting to do. I'm sure many of them do.

Ernie has taken this program to a new level, one I didn't think possible. But I think Ernie would agree--stay tuned, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Bob

It is very exciting to see more and more youth build projects happening.

As encouragement for all involved (and those considering getting involved).

HERE is a link to an article where part of the story features Aric, one of the participants of the Teen Flight One project.

The story is kind of long, but the portion talking about Aric begins at "Meeting employers" (and the stories photos are of him).
Aric was influenced towards aviation by other things before Teen Flight, but I am sure it played a part in where he is now... Working for Boeing building sub-assemblies for heavy aircraft, while tracking towards an engineering degree.

Get involved.... the influence you can have on young people can not even be imagined.

Back