What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Knob-To-Be Looking For A Use

David Paule

Well Known Member
The lid to this bottle of aspirin would make an unusually good knob for something. But what?

It's 2" in diameter and about an inch high.

wu58j4.jpg

And inside, it's just a lid but thick and well-built:

64jp84.jpg

Dave

Reusing lids...

After reinforcing the bottom of the oil door, my camloc flush latches were no longer flush. Grabbed a beer Pondered it for a bit and came up with this...

340992_305259626176535_521170252_o_zpsf9a9d118.jpg

Just had to

say, Thanks for the laugh.... Sitting here reading through the daily posts and this jumps out to remind me of group of great people that are about.
tg

TG, exactly my thoughts! Even though I'm just about done building and not really looking for new ideas or solutions, I still read the forums just about everyday. I like hanging out with people with active imaginative minds as displayed in this thread. Thanks everyone for making my day again :)

mount it on the panel with a switch in it. label it - copilot ejection seat. you could have some fun with that. :eek:

Turbo - you're on to something. Mount it on the panel and label it "side slip" the. When the passenger turns it, the pilot lightly presses the rudder pedal. It would really mess with them :D

Hmmm, there's an interesting word -- "passenger" -- that wasn't one of the options for the RV-3B kit I'm building.

Dave

If this knob will go into an RV-3B, then label the knob "stretch-o-magic" and tell people you just rotate the I knob to expose the back seat.

From an old Far Side cartoon: Put it in front of the passenger. Turned to the left, a little pointer on it points to a label "Wings Stay On." To the right, label "Wings Fall Off."

Back