What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Winston Uy aircraft models

[email protected]

Well Known Member
Big thumbs up to Winston Uy and his team in who take a couple of photos of your plane and make a small wooden model. Winston is very responsive and kicks the project off with a small paypal deposit. As the model progressed I received several photos and provided some feedback that was promptly addressed. The final model was packaged up fully protected to travel across the globe.

Here is one of the reference photos.
img0225sn.jpg

The delivered result.
img2193k.jpg

img2194jd.jpg

It comes with a nice small stand to get it flying on your desk but it is more fun to take it off and make airplane noises with it around the house ;)

Total cost with shipping was less than a hundred dollars.
Contact for Winston Uy - [email protected]

When I rememebr it, I am going to send Winston a few photos of Tsam, and see if I can drive him insane.... :)

Seriously, he has done a number of models for me, and they have always been great!

Paul

Me too

We got a model of our RV7a a couple days before leaving on this trip so did not get a chance to take a picture and make a post here. It came out very well and I am very pleased with the model. Winston sent a couple pictures while the model was in progress checking on details. I really liked the attention to detail that went into my model.

There are lots of these

There seems to be a little ecosystem of aircraft model makers in the Philippines, based around Angeles City, which used to be Clark Air Force Base before it was handed back for civilian use.

I had a model of VH-SOL built last year by modelbuffs.com. Good result, less than a hundred bucks.

rvmodel.jpg

Attention to detail was excellent. They even put a GPS puck in front of the canopy, just like the photos I sent them.

- mark

Hang on, he got that wrong!

Where is the model of your wife and the plane?

He does do good work, well the folk who work for him do.
m_photo.jpg

Superb work, my Brother was most impressed when I gave him a model of ours after he sold his share.

I am extremely pleased with my model from Winston. The only problem I have is that I took it to a fly-in about a month after I got it, and left it on the seat inside where people could see it, but not try to walk away with it. There must be some "filler" or something under the paint right at the canopy, because it swelled in the heat and made a bubble about an inch in diameter right on top of the canopy. It was about 1/4" high when it was hot.

I took it home and cooled it down, and gently massaged the bump back down, but i'm still left with about a 1" diameter spot raised about 1/16" at the highest point. It's a small blemish, but it's too bad I can't take it with me to shows... It's a really neat model.

Maybe when I upgrade my wheelpants to the PR style i'll consider getting another... :)

Back