What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dayton @ DJM Manufacturing. AAAA++++

Sam Staton

Well Known Member
Dayton builds the throttle/mixture/prop quadrants a lot of us use. I recently bought a 3-lever quadrant from another builder, and needed to replace the mixture knob, as the anodizing had been removed and it was painted white. I called Dayton and asked him if he had replacement knobs, fully expecting to be quoted a price. He said 'send it to me, and I will send you a replacement.' No mention of price or shipping. The replacement knob arrived the other day - looks great. These are the kinds of folks we need to support as well as we can. If you need a quadrant, buy it from him! His are as attractive and functional as others that are MUCH more expensive.

Definitely do business with Dayton!!Honest, straightforward, good designs....what more could you want?

We've got his throttle quadrants on a couple of planes, and put his tail wheel on the -3....saved us almost a pound WAY back there on the tail - and I have yet to notice any wear on it after 110 hours.

Paul

At Golden West, I was regularly asked two questions. Who painted our -3? (GLO Custom) Whose throttle console is that? (Dayton's). People REALLY took notice of the attractive console.

Dayton is the best. A true RV guy

My throttle goes way back, and I had a similar experience with knobs after he sat in my 8 and Oshkosh and said "this is a really old quadrant with these knobs"

I also love his tailwheel.

Pretty sure we are still friends!

Dayton is a great all around guy. He has helped me out multiple times. I think at one point he offered me his shirt off his back.

Dayton is a great guy, no question about it.

I had the chance to get to know him after buying one of his TQ's on Roberta's recommendation and then installing it in my -9. Later on he sold me one of his tailwheels and like his TQ, the thing is just outstanding.

Thanks for the cool products and the friendship Dayton.

Back