What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-10 First Flight

westexflyboy

The weight of N104EP was supported by the atmosphere for the first time on June 5, 2012 at 8:23 a.m. Edward Earwood and I began this project in February 2008 naively anticipating completion of two RV-10’s in about 18 months. Ha! Four years and four months later our first ready-to-fly RV-10 emerged from my simple but well-equipped hangar in Presidio, Texas. Presidio is one of the most isolated and remote settlements in the continental United States (GoogleMap), and this is the first airplane to have been built at Presidio-Lely International Airport.

The landing gear fairings are done, but we omitted them on purpose to keep the speeds down and identify any trim issues. The airplane flew hands off with no trim adjustments required. All temperatures remained well in the green throughout the entire flight. The highest CHT noted was 390 degrees Farenheit. The Bonanza chase plane monitor was not able to keep up with the outlandish climb rate! Wow! A YouTube video is forthcoming but that's gonna take a few days.

P6050048.jpg

N104EPLanding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chase, congratulations on your new fledgling:D

Tis a wonderful feeling isnt it??

Bravo!

That has to be a great feeling! I can't wait to sport the RV grin you're sporting in the pic!

Congrats!

Chase, soon you'll discover that Cessna 210's and Comanches can't keep up either....both the climbs and in cruise!

Fact!

Great to hear it Chase - congratulations!

BTW folks, Chase is right about the remoteness of Presidio....I did a TC visit for him a couple years back, and thought I was on the moon! ;)

Congratulations Chase. I remember thinking that your plan was pretty ambitious, back when I first heard about it. Sometimes those overly ambitious ones kind of fade away. Very glad you kept after it.

Very Good

good to see ...I made a visit several years ago when you had just started and I have to say Presido is really "out there" neet place.

West Texas won't be a large for you now!

Well, this should soon make the grocery shopping trips less than a two-day affair soon! Congratulations!

Congrats on the first flight!

So are you north or south of the middle of nowhere? :)

Good grief, Presidio is just a suburb of El Paso! Think big, this is TEXAS!
Great to hear it Chase - congratulations!

BTW folks, Chase is right about the remoteness of Presidio....I did a TC visit for him a couple years back, and thought I was on the moon! ;)

Nice One!

Another T-bird (10-bird) takes to the air. Congrats! Hopefully, I won't be too far behind...:(

Back