What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

....and another Pink Slip!

jdiehl

Well Known Member
Just shy of 8 years and my 7A project now has the infamous pink slip. The Harrisburg, Pa., FSDO folks drove the 125 miles to Lock Haven (home of Piper) and signed-off on my project. You may recall that they had an initial visit about a month ago and had some concerns about the design of the rudder stops and the wiggle in the trim tab. I raised the rudder stops as much as possible and riveted in-place a doubler atop the stop to add some additional height to minimize the cable riding up and over the stop. That satisfied them. As for the elevator trim wiggle, I added an adel clamp or two just before the cable goes into the horiz stabilizer and I squeezed a viscous grease into the cable at the trim knob which helped considerably.
The FSDO inspector(s) performed a very thorough inspection from nose to tail. I appreciated their critical eye and, of course the price was right! To my delight, I have a very generous area for flying- off the 40 hours.

Jim Diehl
7A N891DD

Congratulations Jim! Don't rush on Phase One do it properly and then... pick up a destination. Beautiful country you are living in.

Pink slip

Congrats!

Jim, now you will be interactive with your RV7. Enjoy phase one.

Congratulations. I remember the feeling well myself (since it was only 2 days ago)!

Your post about the rudder stops and trim tab wiggle was one of the reasons I decided to use the services of a DAR, just in case :)

Back