What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got My Pink Slip!

Catbird

Well Known Member
N562Echo (Kit #120221) passed her Airworthiness Inspection this past Saturday, May 19, 2012. It was exactly three years ago that I drove down the Columbia River Gorge to Aurora, OR and picked up an empennage kit. Although I haven't flown it yet, this little plane far exceeds my expectations. The DAR spent about three hours going over the plane and had one comment. It seems that the leading edge of the right flaperon contacts the LP4-3 rivet heads on the rear spar when the trailing edge of the flaperon is pulled up against the stop. This would be a bank to the right. When trying to dislodge the right flaperon by pulling up on the left flaperon, nothing moves. But using the control stick, you can't feel any binding at all. I lightly touched the rivet heads with a file to knock off any burrs that might have been created by the rivet puller and he finally accepted it. This week is focused on re-assembly and one more final inspection. I hope to experience the first flight next week after a much needed Memorial Day Weekend road trip to Glacier National Park. Gotta clear my head a little.

congratulations!

the leading edge of the right flaperon contacts the LP4-3 rivet heads on the rear spar when the trailing edge of the flaperon is pulled up against the stop.

That seems to be a common problem area, perhaps someone should inform Vans and they might make a slight change in the plans?

and congratulations on the pink slip !

N562Echo (Kit #120221) passed her Airworthiness Inspection this past Saturday, May 19, 2012. ....... after a much needed Memorial Day Weekend road trip to Glacier National Park. ....

First: Congratulations on getting the AW. First flight will be fantastic I'm sure.

Second: Road trip to Glacier Country is what we're doing to. Well almost, we'll be taking care of Airpark business. Also meeting with a lender for construction loan.

Life is good, airplanes make it better.

BTW-bring you coat, high of 45 on saturday and possible snow to 5500'

AW cert

Congratulations on the milestone! I am a few months behind you (currently at paint)

Back