What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QUIT.......

flyinmonque

Well Known Member
......Wasting your time here and get building. What's wrong with you anyway?

Flaming Gorge

picture006e.jpg

picture005vy.jpg

picture004hc.jpg

picture003ri.jpg

picture002ts.jpg

picture001wd.jpg

I said, get to pounding them rivets!

Last edited by a moderator:
Work

Problem is many of us are looking at this website and not building because we have to sit at a desk all day!

It was even prettier before they flooded it with water.

Nah..........

And the same goes for Lake Powell. I prefer the fact that the
Bureau of Reclamation built these two dams. Closing the dam gates to backup water began in the early 60's. Before that time, very few people visited the Flaming Gorge area. Same for Glen Canyon ( Lake Powell). Glen Canyon had more controversy than Flaming Gorge, and there are groups who still propose draining the lake. Before the lakes, these areas were visited by a few hundred people a year. Now it's in the thousands.
As far as I'm concerned, some very beautiful areas were definately covered with water. At the same time, many more additional areas became accessible by boat........that were previously seen by just a few.

L.Adamson

agree Larry

Powell is a beautiful lake with so many places to visit, I don't think you could ever visit a 10th of them. Without the lakes, better shut down southern CA, Vegas, and half of the southwest. We spent several days on a houseboat and had the use of a ski boat to explore. What a great time and I got some great photos with my 4x5. This pics make me want to go back.

What I want to know is why David didn't ask me if I wanted to go with him!!

Lake Powell

Nice pics. Flown the -6 and the -7 over this area many times. Being from the Pacific North West, I am always amazed that there are no trees for miles and miles, just water, rock and sand. The water makes the attraction and nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not building another darn airplane....

I'm buying one all ready to fly :D

I helped 4 friends build their RVs and even got to fly one of them for almost 100 hours (ruined me forever against spamcans). I've had enuff of building! ;)

I already pounded my rivets for 11.5 years...now I'm flying. Unfortunately my day job is taking up a lot of my time (I DO have to pay for avgas and insurance, etc., you know). At least I can still get my RV fix at work.

Jim Bower
RV-6A N143DJ
St. Louis

Ditto

I'm setting at the desk also. However besides trolling VAF I?m ordering parts from Aircraft Spruce. So it is a productive day already.

Hello.

I deleted your recent VAF post about __GOVERNMENT__ for the following reason(s):

__ Civility / Tone
__ Not RV-related
__ Commercial promotion by non-advertiser
__ Mod/Policy bashing
_x_ Politics / Government
__ Illegal video clip
__ eBay / Barnstormers / etc. (classified-specific rules at: www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=8208)

The posting rules are explained in greater detail at: www.vansairforce.net/rules.htm

If you feel the need, please direct comments regarding this to the owner of the site (Doug Reeves). His contact info can be found at: www.DeltaRomeo.com

Thank you.
Doug Reeves (site owner)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Pics

Cool Pics!! Keep em coming. I am flying a RV8 that I built.
Like your humor!! I use simular around here! Leave my shop and get home and build!! We are flying to lunch tomorrow!! Stuff like that...

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures

Even though I have finished my bird, that still some good motivation to pick up and take a trip out West!

Back