What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-3 owner

Stan Markus

I'm New Here
I'm a newbie in the RV world, just purchased N51RV, a "3". I have 3000 hours of taildragger time, have owned 2 Cubs, 2 Stearmans, and currently also own a T-6D Texan. Without a doubt , N51RV is the finest flying airplane I've had the privilege to fly. Wow. I get it now. Looking forward to the RV universe...
Stan Markus, Oconomowoc, WI.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

I'm a newbie in the RV world, just purchased N51RV, a "3". I have 3000 hours of taildragger time, have owned 2 Cubs, 2 Stearmans, and currently also own a T-6D Texan. Without a doubt , N51RV is the finest flying airplane I've had the privilege to fly. Wow. I get it now. Looking forward to the RV universe...
Stan Markus, Oconomowoc, WI.

Stan, welcome to the good ship VAF:D

Good to have you aboard, enjoy!!!

Welcome to the world of RV's, Stan.

I notice you are from Wisconsin, so in case you haven't heard, this year's EAA Airventure convention at Oshkosh promises to be special for the folks who like RV's. :)

Check it out, and I hope you can be there.

something special

Congratulations, I also recently purchased a RV-3B here in Wisconsin. They are something special aren't they! If you ever get over to KMTW let me know, would love to see your bird and talk RV.

seems this rvation is finally catching on. thats a good thing. the more the merrier!
img0773v.jpg

New owner RV3

Hi Stan,

You are the new owner of a particularly nice RV3 built by Kent (Rocky) Rockwell.

I know, becuase I have 200 flight hours flying next to 51RV.

Jim Ayers
RV3 N47RV

I am a newbie to the RV world also. I purchased a RV 3 N80WD from Wisconsin about 8 weeks ago. It is the best airplane that I have flown so far. It has an O-320, with 1 E Mag and 1 slick mag. It also has a Rotec throttle body. My plane only has the 2 wing tanks. I have a sliding canopy. I've got 15 hrs on it and love every minute of flying it.

I am a newbie to the RV world also. I purchased a RV 3 N80WD from Wisconsin about 8 weeks ago. It is the best airplane that I have flown so far. It has an O-320, with 1 E Mag and 1 slick mag. It also has a Rotec throttle body. My plane only has the 2 wing tanks. I have a sliding canopy. I've got 15 hrs on it and love every minute of flying it.

How do you like that Rotec throttle body?

It's great and the fuel burn is less than with a stock carb. It's a little different in the engine shutdown process, but thats no biggy!!!

Back