What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First picture of My Wife and I in the aircraft

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
After taking delivery of the QB fuselage on March 25, I have been busy doing all the items in order of assembly that are not done. Well today I finished up with the seat backs. Had to get some pillows and take a shot.
I am very happy and she seems so too.

So far I have got the seatsdown, baggage floor down, the contol sticks installed, brakes made and installed but not hooked up. The Elevator Bellcrank. The Aft Baggage partation. and the tail wheel installed.
Starting on the floor items like the heater outlets and fuel selector items.

Thanks for all the help so far and the various questions.
Slow build wings but we want to get this thing done so Quick build Fuselage.

Smilin' Jack & Anita

Last edited by a moderator:
That is nice Jack

It doesn't get any better than that. I guess we all do that and it is great. January 5, 1997:

JBinfuse.jpg

When you finish your plane you can travel together to visit interesting places but the core value of happy life is captured right there in the QB fuselage photo. Enjoy.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Oops

After taking delivery of the QB fuselage on March 25, I have been busy doing all the items in order of assembly that are not done. Well today I finished up with the seat backs. Had to get some pillows and take a shot.
I am very happy and she seems so too.

So far I have got the seatsdown, baggage floor down, the contol sticks installed, brakes made and installed but not hooked up. The Elevator Bellcrank. The Aft Baggage partation. and the tail wheel installed.
Starting on the floor items like the heater outlets and fuel selector items.

Thanks for all the help so far and the various questions.
Slow build wings but we want to get this thing done so Quick build Fuselage.

Smilin' Jack & Anita

I came home a bit tired, I thought your post title said..

"Picture of My First Wife and I in the aircraft" Oops :eek:

You two look very happy, I will just wish y'all the best! :)

Bob and Tom
Thanks for the picture and yes it is a milestone in the construction.
I can not wait to complete her and be one of you Rv aviators..Sure I fly all the time but looking forward to doing it for myself. I just wish I had realized when i was younger that Van's even existed..
Smilin Jack

Back