What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Socks and shoes for an RV-12

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
Well - after several requests from RV12 owners and builders we have now finished the first production set of RV12 Main Gear Intersection Fairings.

The Main Gear Fairings are made from the standard parts Vans supply for the other two seaters. The wheel pants and nose gear fairing are also from Vans. There might not be any gain by adding the main gear fairings, but it makes it much easier to then make and fit the Intersection Fairings.

I will explain the "how to" in a the Installation Document.
See pictures below. My apologies for showing them not painted.

RVB-INT12_01.jpg

RVB-INT12_02.jpg

RVB-INT12_03.jpg

RVB-INT12_04.jpg

Please visit my website or send an e-mail to [email protected]

Sweet!

Nice bit of work, Jan!

Now the guys are gonna throttle back to stay within the speed limit, huh?...Yeah, right:)

Best,

Dont know how much they will have to throttle back, but they should save some fuel then :)

I THINK you are now telling me that my MLG intersection fairings that I have not even installed yet, are now obsolete! I just gotta build faster! Any photos of the nose gear fairing?

Last edited:
Ordered mine today...

Only for the fuel saving, of course. Figure the fairings will have paid for themselves by 2034. ;)

Just a report back - the owner has now flown his RV12 and reported a speed increase of about 5 kts with all these goodies added.:D

5 knots

That would be 4 knots for the spats, as reported previously, and perhaps one knot for the fairings?

Cheers...Keith

Back