VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-13-2012, 06:57 AM

Default Update On My Hard Starting O-360.

I wrote about a week ago on my hard starting O-360. I got a bunch of responces, and went to the airport last weekend and checked my engine. I checked the timing on the mags. I figured if it was an impulse problem, I would see it in wrong impulse firing time. My mags were timed perfect and the impulse fired at 2 degrees after TDC. I checked the plugs and they looked perfect. I decided to change the four plugs on the left, starting, mag just because it was the easiest point to start at. I got myself a set of four tempest plugs and installed them last night. I pulled the plane out of the hanger with the cowl off and tried to start it. She started instantly. I put the cowl back on and went for a little flight. She started instantly again. I'm ordering another set of four plugs, the tempest plugs look real nice by the way. Thanks for the responces guys.
RV-6 Slider
O-360
FP Wood Prop
http://www.richardfazio.name/Index.htm