What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

This is why I built an RV

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
After over seven years of building, My wife and I flew the RV-9A on our first short trip. We flew to Oklahoma to visit my son and his wife. It is a four hour drive in the car but only an hour and fifteen minutes in the plane. Believe me there were times when I never thought I'd finish and almost sold the project once, but I am sooo glad I didn't give up. I need to thank Jay Pratt for helping me make this a reality. At the end of the project I was so busy at my business that I had almost no time to work on the plane. Jay helped me with all the small details to make the project a flying airplane. Another benefit of having my plane at Jay's hangar was being able to see other RV's to see how details were done on different planes. I know it's a worn out saying but
KEEP POUNDING THOSE RIVETS!:)

Congrats on your first trip Jim! As my friend Bill Marvel liked to put it; "You now have your very own 'magic carpet'!" Definitely, KEEP POUNDIN' THEM RIVETS :D Rosie

Back