VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics


  #1  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:09 AM
AJ85WA's Avatar
AJ85WA AJ85WA is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 150
Default Eggenfellner web page?

Hi Guys

I was just trying to find the eggenfellner web page but cant seem to get access to it? Any ideas?

AJ
__________________
VAF PAID 23/11/2012
VAF PAID 02/12/2013

AJ Wessels (Perth Australia)

Owning and flying C172
Building RV6
http://rv6aj.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 AM
pierre smith's Avatar
pierre smith pierre smith is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Louisville, Ga
Posts: 7,300
Default Hi

Here ya go:

http://www.vikingaircraftengines.com/

Best,
__________________
Pierre Smith
RV-10, 510 TT
RV6A (Sojourner) 180 HP, Catto 3 Bl (502Hrs), gone...and already missed
Air Tractor AT 502B PT 6-15
Air Tractor 402 PT-6-20
EAA Flight Advisor/CFI/Tech Counselor
Louisville, Ga

It's never skill or craftsmanship that completes airplanes, it's the will to do so,
Patrick Kenny, EAA 275132


Dues gladly paid!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 PM
bacstabber bacstabber is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 65
Default

I too was looking for his Subaru site. I contacted him by email and he provided me with a link to the Subaru info within his Viking site. http://www.vikingaircraftengines.com/subaru.htmL
He doesn't seem to want to maintain the separate Subaru site. He said he was looking for a less expensive website provider. But that was a while ago and no site. I suspect he is dumping the Subaru all together and focusing on the Viking engine. If this is true, it is most unfortunate for those of us still building and already committed to the engine installation.
__________________
Jack Clark
Pensacola, FL
RV-8A, Inspection Soon
N988RV
VAF Dues Paid for 2014
http://www.mykitlog.com/jackclark/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 AM
David-aviator David-aviator is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Troy. Missouri
Posts: 3,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacstabber View Post
I too was looking for his Subaru site. I contacted him by email and he provided me with a link to the Subaru info within his Viking site. http://www.vikingaircraftengines.com/subaru.htmL
He doesn't seem to want to maintain the separate Subaru site. He said he was looking for a less expensive website provider. But that was a while ago and no site. I suspect he is dumping the Subaru all together and focusing on the Viking engine. If this is true, it is most unfortunate for those of us still building and already committed to the engine installation.
The Egg Subaru site was still up and running a few weeks ago, I looked in to see what was going on and there had not been a message posted since last fall.

Since then I have had to reinstall this computers operating system and lost a lot of passwords and secret stored stuff I don't know about and can no longer get on the site. It now sends a message, send e-mail for password to get on the site.

If you need help with your Subby, consider joining
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/subenews/
The guys there are most knowledgeable in many problem areas of the engine installation.
__________________
David Domeier
RV-7A...Sold #70374
The RV-8...building #83261
RV-3 ....fan

I'm in, dues paid 2014 This place is worth it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 AM
AJ85WA's Avatar
AJ85WA AJ85WA is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 150
Default Thanks guy

Thanks guys

I'll go check it out.

AJ
__________________
VAF PAID 23/11/2012
VAF PAID 02/12/2013

AJ Wessels (Perth Australia)

Owning and flying C172
Building RV6
http://rv6aj.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
RV10inOz's Avatar
RV10inOz RV10inOz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane Qld. Aust.
Posts: 1,654
Default

Quote:
If this is true, it is most unfortunate for those of us still building and already committed to the engine installation.
Committed is a big word.............. perhaps now you are committed to fitting a Lycoming and you just do not realise it yet. Its just a bit more work and money.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM
rv4bill rv4bill is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 103
Default Viking

This is just an FYI. The owner of the first SeaRey to have a Viking engine has now had it removed and replaced with a rotax. A thrust test was performed and was said to almost equal to an 80 hp 912. Total engine package came in 30 lbs heavier than 912 set up
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Kyle Boatright Kyle Boatright is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4bill View Post
This is just an FYI. The owner of the first SeaRey to have a Viking engine has now had it removed and replaced with a rotax. A thrust test was performed and was said to almost equal to an 80 hp 912. Total engine package came in 30 lbs heavier than 912 set up
I'm Switzerland (neutral) or Missouri (show me) on the Viking. I'm not convinced, but I'm holding judgement for more data.

One thing I will say is that when people tout thrust measurements, they need to provide a lot of information before the thrust number tells you much.

One manufacturer could take an 0-360, gear it down, turn a big prop at low RPM and generate a huge amount of thrust that is useful in low speed applications. In fact, that's what Robinson does to power the R-22 helicopter.

Alternately, you could take the same engine, put a relatively small, high pitched prop on it, and its static thrust would be pitiful in comparison to the R-22. But that combination would make most RV's fly very well.

So unless we know the comparable prop diameters, blade count, pitch, etc., a thrust comparison may not tell us much.
__________________
Kyle Boatright
Atlanta, GA
2001 RV-6 N46KB
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 AM
rv4bill rv4bill is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 103
Default thrust

Engine mounting was done at the searey factory under close supervison of Mr. Richter who developed the searey. Same prop and pitch used for the 912s (100hp) on the searey set up was tried on the Viking. The prop had to be pitched to the setting they use for the 80 horse 912 to get it to turn the proper rpms. The Plane's owner I believe is on Vikings web page and there was a utube video showing the first flight. Viking owner kept trying to tweak things to get plane owner happy with engine and prop set up. After 3 months plane owner removed Viking and is putting a rotax on. To answer the thread above Apples were being compared to Apples by the Actual Manufacturer , not just a "home builder". Again this is just an fyi. People should make their own judgements and call the Searey Factory if they want to hear it direct. just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Kyle Boatright Kyle Boatright is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4bill View Post
Engine mounting was done at the searey factory under close supervison of Mr. Richter who developed the searey. Same prop and pitch used for the 912s (100hp) on the searey set up was tried on the Viking. The prop had to be pitched to the setting they use for the 80 horse 912 to get it to turn the proper rpms. The Plane's owner I believe is on Vikings web page and there was a utube video showing the first flight. Viking owner kept trying to tweak things to get plane owner happy with engine and prop set up. After 3 months plane owner removed Viking and is putting a rotax on. To answer the thread above Apples were being compared to Apples by the Actual Manufacturer , not just a "home builder". Again this is just an fyi. People should make their own judgements and call the Searey Factory if they want to hear it direct. just saying.
Good info Bill. Thanks for the follow-up.
__________________
Kyle Boatright
Atlanta, GA
2001 RV-6 N46KB
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.