What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Local Neighborhood Article

Nice article

Mike, that is a nice article. I hope to get down next week to look at it in person! My tail kit is supposed to be delivered on Monday!!

Timeline to completion/article

I did the same thing in my home town, back in 1996 when building my -4 in my basement. My son was 3 years old, and the article featured myself and another local -4 pilot/builder (Pat Hatch),who's plane was flying at the time. I was quoted as saying "hope to be flying about the time my son starts kindergarten"...Well,that very son witnessed the first flight just before his 18th birthday ! Oops...oh well, I have the article hanging in my shop, and it still gets a lot of comments. The builder in the newspaper article didnt even have grey hair then !

That is cool! I think everyone should try and advertise there build to the local press. Might be a great way to get the word out!

Great article - thanks for sharing.

thanks

Thanks for all the nice comments. Keep pounding those rivets. There is an and eventually.. (Hopefully before my sone turns 18)

Don't worry about the time. I started my project before my daughter started high school - I wanted to be done before she started college knowing the money would dry up. Well she is in her second year of college. Just enjoy the journey. The plane will get done at some point.

Its funny that quite a few of us make similar plans. I have said that I want to fly my daughter to college. She'll be 16 this summer and I'm about 3/4 of the way through 1 wing. I may have to revise that and say I want to fly my son to college, he's only 10.

Littleton

I'm in Littleton and finished my 7A last summer. If you need any tools or free advice, I promise I can can provide your money's worth. Don

Back