What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Order Form

BigJohn

Well Known Member
This just-arrived email from Van's should make you Skyview guys happy!

Dear RV-12 builder,

Our records indicate that you have purchased all of the RV-12 subkits except the Avionics Kit.

Van's is now accepting Orders for RV-12 Avionics Kit (Skyview version).

You'll find the order form attached to this email.

Once again, we thank you for your patience while we made this upgrade available. It's been a long time coming...we think you'll be pleased!

The crew at Van's

*Note... We anticipate a large number of initial orders and request that you not contact vans until after February 2nd with any questions you may have about your order. We'll be swamped until then! We will send an email acknowledgement as soon as we receive your order but it will take us some time to process it. Initial shipping priority will be given to those who have all other subkits in possession and by Powerplant Kit order date. We do not have large stocks of all of the Avionics Kit components yet so there may still be some lead time on shipping. We'll be shipping kits as our stock arrives.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation!

SKYVIEW IS HERE

Just got an email with the order form and faxed it in. The email went to those that have purchased all other kits.
Price is $13995. The form doesn't mention if the revised wing connectors are included. Optional Servo kit is $1615

From the form: Dynon SkyView D1000 (ready-to-install unit includes 10" Display, SV-ADAHRS-200 Attitude reference module, SV-XPNDR-
261 Mode S Transponder, SV-GPS-250 GPS receiver, SV-BAT-320 Backup battery, SV-EMS-220 Engine Instrumentation
Module w/probes, SV-SYNVIS-280 Synthetic Vision Module, SV-MAP-270 Moving Map software and USA FAA Navigation
Data for USA customers. International customers must purchase Jeppesen or Pocket FMS data separately.)
Garmin SL-40 Com radio Artex ME-406 ELT
Flightcom 430 Stereo Intercom Switch/fuse panels and control units
Wiring harnesses and mounting hardware

+++++++
From the email:
DO NOT REPLY to the address that this e-mail was sent from.
The e-mail address is not monitored for incoming e-mail.

For questions please contact [email protected]

Dear RV-12 builder,

Our records indicate that you have purchased all of the RV-12 subkits except the Avionics Kit.

Van's is now accepting Orders for RV-12 Avionics Kit (Skyview version).

You'll find the order form attached to this email.

Once again, we thank you for your patience while we made this upgrade available. It's been a long time coming...we think you'll be pleased!

The crew at Van's

*Note... We anticipate a large number of initial orders and request that you not contact vans until after February 2nd with any questions you may have about your order. We'll be swamped until then! We will send an email acknowledgement as soon as we receive your order but it will take us some time to process it. Initial shipping priority will be given to those who have all other subkits in possession and by Powerplant Kit order date. We do not have large stocks of all of the Avionics Kit components yet so there may still be some lead time on shipping. We'll be shipping kits as our stock arrives.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation!

The new engine pricing has been released as well and it's $1000 cheaper to buy a Rotax in 2012. Looks like Van's decided Christmas was in January.
Bruce

Last edited:
Sorta sucks. Since I am not ordering their powerplant kit, I don't get in on the first orders:mad:.
If someone can email me a copy I can at least window shop.

Last edited:
I figured this thread would have blown up Doug's servers, with 'I'm so excited' replies by now! :D

Maybe it's because there is still no firm delivery timetable, but at least it's a positive step and the Skyview price is now known.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that international customers now have to purchase the required database seperately. Wonder why that has changed? The Pacific database was included in the price of the Dynon.
Still - very good news for all who have been held up waiting for SV.

Shirley

Copy of Order Blank

Would someone be so kind as to email me a copy of the order sheet so I can see what decisions and options I will be making? You can get my email address in the EAA chapter website link in my signature.

Would someone be so kind as to email me a copy of the order sheet so I can see what decisions and options I will be making? You can get my email address in the EAA chapter website link in my signature.

Hey Don! Send me $20k cash and I'll order one for you. ;) After a few days you'll be able to order yours. Be patient..er.

Glad to see all of the -12 builders that were on hold get the green light. :D

Can't wait to see them completed at OSH!

Sorry, spent it this morning at the Aircraft and Tractor Supply Company for needles to fill my rivet holes, looks like I will have time to do that now while others are flying.:mad:

Hey Don! Send me $20k cash and I'll order one for you. ;) After a few days you'll be able to order yours. Be patient..er.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that international customers now have to purchase the required database seperately. Wonder why that has changed? The Pacific database was included in the price of the Dynon.
Still - very good news for all who have been held up waiting for SV.

Shirley

I'm not speaking on behalf of Dynon or VAC here, but my take on it is as follows:

The previous offering included the Garmin stand alone GPS, and the pricing on those units for America's or International was pretty much the same. The new Skyview package uses the Dynon GPS and their maps...which are pretty much free for US data, but not the international data.

Cheers,
Stein

Rotax Ransom

I might have to take you up on that. Got a reply back from Vans, they will not sell me one until all the people that bought a Rotax have theirs! They talk in terms of 100 in that category, apparently their first run of kits. They did not care that I was held up waiting for months on the Skyview, but told me that when they feel like it they will put the order blank on their website, and only then can I order one. I guess they have to look out for their higher dollar customers, but, that don't make the pill any easier to swallow. I guess filling the holes in 12,500 pop rivets will take me a while and by then they might be ready to take my money.

No surprise. Many designers are not fond of alternative engines on their airframe. At least it appears you will be ahead of those with the old set-up who would like to convert to the new one. I'm not one of them but I know several people who would like to make the change. Since you are going the ambuilt route why not just buy one and install your own. Stein will do harness work for you.

Yeah Don - If I was going EAB with a different engine, I would use Vertical Power as a plug and play system for power distribution (Skyview provides an HMI for it) and smaller panel switches.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that international customers now have to purchase the required database separately. Wonder why that has changed? The Pacific database was included in the price of the Dynon.

Shirley

Shirley,
We've never included a PocketFMS or Jeppesen database in our prices, for any customer, ever.

The "pacific" database you do get for free is terrain. You can go to our website and download this at any time. This gives you synthetic vision for your region. You can download any region at any time.

To get airports/airspaces outside of the USA, you have to buy a database from someone. The Vans kit includes the MAP license from us which you need to buy in any country, including the USA, but the database is extra since we don't know what country you will be using SkyView in.

If you are referring to the previous Dynon kit with the D180, that was the same in the USA and other countries only because Garmin charges you for USA data that they get for free, while Dynon does not. So a USA or Pacific 495 costs the same, while a USA SkyView costs less because it costs Dynon less.

Last edited:
This is what I received by email from Van's this morning after faxing in my Avionics order form over the weekend:

"This email is verification that we have received your completed order form
for your RV-12 Skyview Avionics kit. Our Kit department will be sending
more information in two to three weeks.

Please do not call or email the Kit department regarding this order. They
are processing these orders as quickly as they are able and responding to
calls and emails will slow them down. We will contact you if we have any
questions or when we have a ship date scheduled for you.

Thank you for your continued patience."

I really appreciate this confirmation and the lookout that this will take a while before I can expect a shipment. The delay is absolutely expected considering the backlog that Van's built up over the last year.
I'm not in the group of Rotax owners yet, so they certainly will get processed first.

I called Van's last Friday to ask for advice on weather or not to wait for the Skyview kit before proceeding with wiring. They suggested I wait. I asked for an estimate on receiving the Skyview if I ordered today (I have not ordered the Rotax). He said probably 3 months.

I called Van's last Friday to ask for advice on weather or not to wait for the Skyview kit before proceeding with wiring. They suggested I wait. I asked for an estimate on receiving the Skyview if I ordered today (I have not ordered the Rotax). He said probably 3 months.

Can anybody shed light on what the current lead time is for those who have not bought the engine yet? Hopefully its not still 3 months!

The Fedex truck just dropped my Skyview off. So from early Feb to now is about 2.5 months. In talking to Barbara at Van's I think they are just about caught up. My guess, for what it's worth, would be a month or less for a new order now.

The Fedex truck just dropped my Skyview off. So from early Feb to now is about 2.5 months. In talking to Barbara at Van's I think they are just about caught up. My guess, for what it's worth, would be a month or less for a new order now.

Thanks Emil, I think its time to order :)

Back