What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baja Trip 2011

Looks like a fun trip! In 1999 I flew my Long-EZ with a group to Loreto, then spent a week at Punta Pescadero. I would describe Baja as, "Magnificent desolation". Saw an RV at Loreto with damaged wing from xwind landing. As much as I'd like to make a trip like that again, I'd only go with someone who is familiar with border crossing and speaks Spanish a whole lot better than I!

Thanks

Thanks for looking at my post. I have been into mexico many times now and the hardest part is the EAPIS and crossing the border at the proper times that the U.S. requires. The mexico part is easy and I don't think you would have to speak spanish. there is almost always someone there that can translate for you. I just love flying down there for the challenge of it.
Don

Special Airworthiness Certificate

I know people fly their RV's into Mexico but where do you get the Special Airworthiness Certificate to allow you to fly into Mexico? I have links to Canada, United States and Bahamas but nothing for Mexico.

I know people fly their RV's into Mexico but where do you get the Special Airworthiness Certificate to allow you to fly into Mexico? I have links to Canada, United States and Bahamas but nothing for Mexico.

I'd like to do that trip sometime. I found this hidden away on the EAA site.

DGAC

Thanks. I emailed DGAC today and they responded within hours that my request had been forwarded to the certification department for processing. I'll post their reply once I receive it.

Back