What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Done but not finished

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Assuming that no homebuilt is ever finished. 120241/143WM has been painted with .. See the modifications sticky for stab tips, chart box, and additional instrumentation photos.

Wayne 120241

LBIIPainted.jpg

Right.jpg

LBIINPony.jpg

Looking good...

Wayne,
Saw your proposed color scheme in the photo album and have been waiting to see it done. I considered a blue and yellow scheme also. Nice job.

Tony

Lets get this... You live in Ohio but painted your 12 with Michigan (Uof M) colors:D

All kidding aside, it looks great!

Yeah, well

I graduated from University of Cincinnati, not Ohio State. Was at UC when we beat OSU two years in a row for the NCAA Championship-- and still got nothing but how great OSU was from everyone around my home. My second-favorite team is whoever is playing OSU-- but that's not the reason for the colors. I like 'em and yellow is very easy to see.

Wheel covers are from MATCO and very inespensive. They will eventually be decorated.

Wayne

Well, I graduated from Michigan State and I always cheer for whoever is playing U of M. My daughter graduated from University of Dayton so I'm scattered all over the place. It's all good.

I like your colors because they remind me of an old trainer and yes, the visibility is outstanding.

MATCO part

I've probably got the part number someplace but I was on MATCO's site looking for something else and saw the wheel covers. Cheap, easy installation, and I believe cut the drag a bit, too.

Wayne

Please post the wheel cover info. I can only find this on the MATCO site.
http://www.matcomfg.com/WHEELCOVER-idv-2908-44.html
It has three screw holes around the very edge. My wheel has no tapped holes in it for any such screws. From your pic, it looks like your wheel covers also have three holes, but not as close to the edge as these. How did your cover attach to the wheel?
AT first, I'll be operating from an airport, but eventually from a grass strip and I may take the wheel pants off then. Thanks! Bill H.

MATCO covers Part No. MHWC5

The MATCO covers use three standoffs: the inner end replaces the washer under three of the bolts that hold the wheels together and the outer ends have holes and Tinnerman nuts to hold the covers. It's a bit of a pain to get them aligned the first time (A couple of awls really help) but until you disassemble the wheels (replace brake pads) it's easy to get to the tire valves).

Just go to MATCO's wheel assembly page and search on "cover" or use the part No. above. Price $16.20 for a pair. If you do the installation of the standoffs before the wheels are bolted on it will be a lot easier. Don't ask how I know this!

Wayne 120241/143WM

Back