What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer Wheel @ Vans Now. Wow!

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Wow, I am truly surprised by this one. I just talked to Gus at Vans and they are now stocking the Beringer RV10 Nose Wheel. This is the new wheel, axle, tubeless tire. Beringer lists them at $649 and Gus is saying their price is $475 and they have a few in stock already.

Now, I just got done working up the price of our current "favorite" approach for replacing the nose wheel.

Matco Front Axle $71.40
Matco Front Wheel (WHLNW511.25) $130.50
500-5 "LEAKGUARD" BUTYL Tube $49.95
500-5 6 PLY AERO CLASSIC Tire $88.95

This is $340.83 so the Beringer is only $135 more than the Matco/Desser Option. The List value for the stock nose wheel, tube, axle/spacers is $283.46, so the beringer is only $190 more than the stock approach now too.

For us folk down here "In the Dark".........

What is this all about and what does it do better. I assume there might be something more robust?

It's a whole upgrade to the front wheel. It's a tubless style wheel with an upgrade axle. It is engineered much better than the Matco approach, even with the fixed axle.

I just picked up the wheel and the Van's Part number is U-00012, Berenger NSWhl&Tire $475.

It's a whole upgrade to the front wheel. It's a tubless style wheel with an upgrade axle. It is engineered much better than the Matco approach, even with the fixed axle.

Is there something functionally wrong with the stock nosewheel? Spending money on "better" only makes sense if the standard product isn't adequate.

Is there something functionally wrong with the stock nosewheel? Spending money on "better" only makes sense if the standard product isn't adequate.

Yes, the bearing seal drag, the way the bearings are adjusted and the fact that if you go tubeless, you eliminate 90% of flat tires. And if you do have a flat it would be easier to fix.

Do a "nose wheel" search.............

530 hours operating on the kinds of strips we have...... :confused:

Only wheel issues were corrosion issues in the main gear bearings. We did have a lot of rain and wet runways earlier in the year though.

Back