What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any other news from Garmin this year?

Davepar

Well Known Member
Any other new products rumored from Garmin this year besides the GMX200? I'm about to plunk down money for the GPS and comm and would hate to miss out on some new wiz-bang product announced at Oshkosh.

rumour only,

i already posted it a while back... at the cebit computer trade show in march, i talked to some guys from garmin. although they had no representatives of the avionics department at the show, one guy hinted that there is supposedly a GNS600 in the works... basically a modular and scaled down version of the G1000! if it's coming out soon, then i would guess it will be revealed at oshkosh...

rgds, bernie

Wait till after Oshkosh

I talked with Jim Younkin (TruTrak - famous aviation everything) at SWRFI on friday and he said, "don't buy any avionics untill after Oshkosh" big new items coming out. Waiting 3 months probably worthwhile.

I forsee the GNS430 getting discontinued. What they replace it with is anyones guess, but both the 430 and 530 are crippled in terms of capability nowadays.

Thanks. Then again I could play the waiting game forever. Maybe it's best to get flying and not worry so much about the latest and greatest.

Back