What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zell am see weekend trip

oy-rvc

Nice high pressure weather over europe allowed my friend and I to make a weekend trip from Roskilde, Denmark to Zell am See, Austria.

zellamsee1.PNG

My RV-8

zellamsee3.JPG

After a few hours over Germany we approached the alps. West of Saltzburg we saw a hot air ballon.

zellamsee4.JPG

The GPS shows some high terrain.

zellamsee6.JPG

Over the border between Germany and Austria

zellamsee7.JPG

The sunset, the air cooling and no wind is causing mist. It gives some pretty shades from the mountains

zellamsee8.JPG

Into the valley of Zell am See for the approach from north.

kaprun.JPG

Sightseeing at the top of the Kaprun gleicher

zellamsee12.JPG

After two days in beautiful Austria, we are going back. The airport has a good restaurant and was full of life from parachute jumpers, gliders ect. Waiting for it to be our turn to depart RWY 08.

zellamsee13.JPG

A little sightseeing around the mountains before going back.

zellamsee14.JPG

Zell am See and the Austrian alps i definitely a great place to visit.

Thanks for write up!

I would love to see the Alps from the air. Drove there decades ago. How much is avgas in Austria?

Thank you for such great pic's! I live in Colorado, we don't have Alps but we do have the Great Rocky Mountains!!
Great Story.

From a fellow Dane.

Christian,
I sure enjoyed seeing your airplane and reading about your trip to Austria, It looks like you had some spectacular landscape to look at enroute.

I left Denmark some 44 years ago (as a 20 year old) to pursue a new life in Canada, been here ever since. I do visit my homeland from time to time, Skive to be exact, so next time I am in Denmark I may try to look you up. Should you ever find your self in the eastern part of Canada please let me know, an RV-10 ride is assured.

You may have notice my writeup on a recent trip to the west coast in Canada in my RV-10. if not please have a look.

http://www.ivankristensen.com/

Regards,

Ivan Kristensen

Back