What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service Bulletin 11-9-13 (all models)

In my case I built the tanks and they have never been sloshed. Do I just make an entry in the aircraft log book as to complying with the service bulletin and note the tanks have not been sloshed?

Back when I built my tanks, Slosh was RECOMMENDED. My tanks have white slosh. (White is Alcohol resistance. Yellow is NOT.)

I just did the inspection they called out in July. Over 2,540 hours and no slosh problems. I did scuff the tanks before applying ProSeal and slosh.

I have seen slosh come off and ProSeal leak when the tanks are not scuffed before applying.

In my case I built the tanks and they have never been sloshed. Do I just make an entry in the aircraft log book as to complying with the service bulletin and note the tanks have not been sloshed?

I would make an entry stating:

Fuel tanks inspected I.A.W. SB 11-9-13. No Slosh used during assembly. SB 11-9-13 complied with. No farther inspection required.
Signed Repairmen Certificate Number

Note:
I.A.W. = In Accordance With

Last edited:
Back when I built my tanks, Slosh was RECOMMENDED. My tanks have white slosh. (White is Alcohol resistance. Yellow is NOT.)

I just did the inspection they called out in July. Over 2,540 hours and no slosh problems. I did scuff the tanks before applying ProSeal and slosh.

I have seen slosh come off and ProSeal leak when the tanks are not scuffed before applying.

Gary, IIRC one of Vans procedures for the slosh was to "slosh" it around a finished sealed fuel tank. In this case no additional scuffing would have occured.

I also seem to remember you just brushed the slosh on the seams only, the other method Vans talked about...

Back