What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Winston-Salem 9-11-2011

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
The Winston-Salem Air Show conducted a moment of silence in tribute to the victims of the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

Fire trucks, EMS and police vehicles drove slowly down the taxi way and then the men and women of the rescue vehicles parked and received a mighty show of appreciation from the crowd.

6140338462_a97f357458_b.jpg

After the moment of Silence, Team Aeroshell and Team RV did a flyover in memory of the fallen.

6139775119_bc48e25e7b_b.jpg

After our show, we were given the honor of flying the Missing Man Formation dedicated to all the hero's of 9/11/2001. It was indeed an honor to be able to participate in these activites.

6139795215_c588e84a80_b.jpg

Those T-6's make our smoke look bad.
Many years ago Team RV was caught admiring the Aeroshell team at SnF. The early days of a young group hoping to be able to do what they do. Aeroshell is a group of dedicated professionals we all aspired to.

An honor for us to get up and fly with them and do it in a memorable tribute to 9/11. Hopefully if your pounding rivets, some of these great flying pictures inspire you to quit reading this and get back in the shop. So much you can do with these great planes. Great pictures. Last Sunday I fullfilled another dream, a chance to fly with the great team that inspired me. Truely an Honor.

Next time, maybe they are on my wing:p

Winston Salem airshow

I give "hats off" to all the Team RV guys and the Aeroshell team..what a great performance by both. The tribute was awsome and combined with the clear Carolina skies, made a lasting impression in the eyes of thousands. I have been involved with the W-S airshow "all volunteer" staff for 18 years, and just keeps getting better. Team RV is a class act of guys that inspire all of us RVers as well as the audience... I look forward to the next time I see them fly(or hangout), and recomend anyone who hasent seen them,make an attempt to attend a show where they are performing. Great Job !

Bill Englert
RV4/N76WE
Advance NC/8A7

Back