VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-28-2011, 08:29 AM

Default New RV-10 leaves for home!

After exactly 21 months C-GLWM leaves Fairlea Field for it's new home in Port Hope Ontario. It is owned by Wayne and Lana Millson and will replace a Cherokee 140 as their new family plane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpbr7aR1wvo

This was my tenth airplane project and it was fitting that it was an RV10. I enjoyed working with Wayne to get him the plane that he had dreamed of.
The RV10 is not a difficult project but there is more glass work then other RV models and as such does take a bit longer.
I flew the 25 hours off and I was very impressed with the performance and comfort of this fine aircraft.
Wayne did all the panel wiring himself and the plane will be flown IFR as Wayne is a qualified IFR pilot.
The plane arrived as a parts kit with some structures done, tail, tail cone and wings not closed. The main fuselage was not done and that was completed the first winter. My total time was 1024 hours including the test flight period.
Thank you Wayne and Lana for a great experience.
2010 SARL Rocket 100 race, average speed of 238.6 knots/274.6mph
RV4, RV7, RV10, two HRIIs and five F1 Rockets
RV14 Tail dragger flying #153

Fairlea Field
St.Thomas, Ontario Canada, CYQS
fairleafield@gmail.com
Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Default Great

Good job Tom. I am sure it is yet another masterpiece of yours. I have had the opportunity to meet Wayne and his family (dad too) and they were very excited over a year ago so I can just imagine how happy they are its done.

Hope to see it in the near future. Congrats. I am sure that bird will get lots of hours.

Osh 11,12,15. Sun N Fun 2013. Flew to Cali/up pacific to Washington/Vancouver/crossed the Rockies east across Canada. North to Red Deer Alberta and Moosonee Ontario East to Maritimes Canada. South east to Jekyll Isl on atlantic, Cedar Key and Key West too! 3 trips and 12 islands of the Bahamas too! Flown turtles and dogs for Pilots n Paws too. Love our Rv's
Old 08-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Good on ya. Yeah, I'd say there's just a "little" more glasswork on the 10. Are you going to do another?
P.S. Don't forget to notch your gun butt.