What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12s to OSH!

Robert a twin comanche just took off. He flew in from Austraila. I think there were only 7 Rv 12 s. Including Vans blue and Scotts teen plane and Jabiru's.

Last edited:
Jetguy

Robert a twin comanche just took off. He flew in from Austraila. I think there were only 6 Rv 12 s. Including Vans blue and Scotts teen plane.

Thanks John. I had expected that there would have been more, but seeing the pink one was a nice surprise. Over here in Western Australia, one of our well known female aviators is about to start building a -12 (she already has an RV-6 to her credit).
And that twin Comanche will be back here before long - it's downhill all the way!
Cheers

We need better mapping.
I just returned from Oshkosh, and used up the batteries in 5 of those handicap carts, but only seen the Jab powered one, teen flight one, and Mitch at Vans. Wanted so bad to see the rest of the group but was unable to find them! I sure expected to see far more than that small number.

I too was a little disappointed in the number of RV-12s I could find. Other than the "booth" ones mentioned, I found 3 others. I would have thought there would be alot more 12ers wanting to show off their new feathers, so not sure why the low turn out, or did I just not find a bunch of them? I was there Monday, so maybe more came in later in the week. Missed the pink one. My wife would have loved seeing that.

I COULD say it is because of the Rotax, but I won't.

I too was a little disappointed in the number of RV-12s I could find. Other than the "booth" ones mentioned, I found 3 others. I would have thought there would be alot more 12ers wanting to show off their new feathers, so not sure why the low turn out, or did I just not find a bunch of them? I was there Monday, so maybe more came in later in the week. Missed the pink one. My wife would have loved seeing that.

John, very please with the install and looks of the fairings! I used #6 screws on the entire install and took it for a 2 hour test flight. I think it added 20 MPH! May have been the tail wind though. ;)

I made the mistake of pain ting them with "gloss plastic paint" it is clearly not gloss, but looks okay for now. I will repaint them using gloss white at a later time. Time to fly now!

Last edited:
First leg from oshkosh

Just landed in c66, Monmouth Il. First leg complete. Leaving in 1115amct for k88. :)

Leg two completed on way from OSH

Just landed Lee Summit Mo for 91oct mogas. Will leave here about230pm to kdto. Cleared mail box:p

Many thanks

Thanks John/Colin for making MY trip to and from OSH an enjoyable one. I've enjoyed it very much. Steve :)

Last edited:
Home again, OSH 2011 Over

Got back at home base around 630pmct. end of a long trip. Lots of catching up to do at home will have more later.:)

fairings

I'm interested in the 'gear fairings. Let me know when they'll be available.
thanks
Meade
N612RV

I am disappointed to hear only a handful of 12's showed up at Kosh, but I didn't contribute either as my wife's horse (one of the two) knocked her down on July 2nd breaking her right humerous (sp?) bone and that took out July and August. I do however plan to be there next year with the 12 barring any further horse issues. Maybe we should be trying to drum up interest now as with some 100 plus flying the turnout should be around 15 to 20 anyway don't you think? Not to mention that next year it may be 200 flying.
Dick Seiders 120093

Next Year

I am really hopeful of being finished by next years show. I definitely plan on flying in with mine if I can get it done in time. I flew in this year in a Gobosh LSA and it was incredibly fun. Although there weren't a ton of -12's there, their were a cool variety. I saw the student built one, the cool pink one from Florida, Blue in Van's booth, the Jabiru -12 and one other in the homebuilt area. I know John Nys also had one there but I unfortunately missed it because we got delayed a day for weather and mechanical reasons.

Saturday, the last day at OSH

It looks like the Partridge Family showed up.

IMAG0288.jpg

This could be our next project.:D

IMAG0291.jpg

The big night air show on Saturday night was a great way to end the Show.
My camera doesn't take good night pics but you will ket the gist of it.

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

Thats it for this year at OSH. Ill be back Next year.:D

Back