What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Did You Do This Weekend?

chrispratt

Well Known Member
cv1c1262rtscaweba.jpg

Photo by Jim Wilson
T31 Fly-In June 18, 2011

Keep building -- it's worth it.

Chris

Nice photo... decapitation for the cameraman... or long lens?

Cheers
Ross

We need Jim around, so we opted for the long lens. He is one of the leading aviation photographers (you've probably seen some of his work on magazine covers and elsewhere). So he knows what he's doing. The lens used here was a Canon EF100-400mm, set at ISO 100, 160mm, f13, 1/200 shutter speed. Oh yeah, he was wearing a pink shirt so he was easy to spot ;).

Chris

that's beautiful! what type of tires are you using?

-Desser Tires
Twitter: @DesserTire

You'll probably hate to hear this but I've used Condor tires since day 1 with the Michelin stop leak tubes. I've been pleased with them. Air them up about every three months (50# psi). The first set lasted five years. Could've gone longer but in my mind fresh tires are cheap insurance.

Chris

I had 4 days of RVing

Starting wednesday I worked on fuel system, then tested my RV .

HAD to finish because on thursday, I had to fly to Helena for a photo/video shoot. the local nissan dealer is sponsoring The Big Sky Air Race.
IMG_20110616_105650.jpg

Friday we woke up to low ceilings and mtn obs between us and Wenatchee (KEAT). I really wanted to go to the Great NorthWest Air Race, so my buddy said your plane is fast and with range, lets go south and do an end around. Plenty of visibility once we cleared DLN and the reported icing above 8K. Here's a pic somewhere west of Salmon ID. It looked as if the SuperCub fly-in at Johnson creek was a bit soggy.
aviation2011009.jpg

Saturday was the GNAR,

aviation2011021.jpg

followed by a mad dash on a northern path KEAT-SZT-followed the Clark Fork river, S27..no wait MSO opened up point her that way....dodging Tstorms, mountains and rain to get home(8u8) that day. >1000miles, 1 race, 60+gals of Avgas....I call that a GREAT Weekend:).........until I called into work Sat night and Fathers day:mad:

Back