- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Location confirmed Have fun guys!

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default Sure enjoy following your trip!

Looks like you guys are having fun and taking some beautiful pictures.
Thanks for posting and sharing.

Can't wait to see the next pictures and posts!

RV-10 N104XP (990 Hours)
RV-12 N321UT (40 Hours)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Default First Few Days for the Card

We took off Sunday morning with a detour to San Antonio to drop off the dog with Scott's mom. Then off along the Gulf coast and into Pensacola. Dinner at the fish house and a good chunk of the next day at the Naval museum was all we had time for this trip. We finished Day 2 with a couple hour flight to Tampa for a night's sleep. You already got the Day 3 Key West trip, and yes we were told to remain clear of the Class D Key West / Boca Chica airspace. Vlad, thanks for posting our tracks. It gives me more time to soak in this amazing adventure. The APRS had us for about 125 miles east of Miami, not too shabby.

I couldn't pare down the pictures enough for a post, so here is the picasa link for the first few days.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 AM

Smile Great Photos

Quote:
I couldn't pare down the pictures enough for a post, so here is the picasa link for the first few days.
I have been following the trip and love to get a peak at all the cool places the group is flying to. Some day.... my plane will be done and I can share in the adventures. Thanks for letting the rest of us join your trip. It is appreciated, and very motivating.
Flying as of April 2013
Phase 1 Completed July 2013
www.myrv9.com
Old 06-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Vlad, we DEFINATELY have to organize a "Foxtrot" flight next year! Hopefully they will be doing this trip again! Awesome trip guys!

Track my RV7A!!

Bought my flying -7A
Building an -8! (Fuse)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Default Now that is a postcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcard View Post
Tanya, I really like the picture you took of Rosie banking over island with the triangle lake in it. It needs to go on a calendar or postcard.

Kent
Canby, Or

Last edited by kentb : 06-02-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentb View Post
Tanya, I really like the picture you took of Rosie banking over island with the triangle lake in it. I needs to go on a calendar or postcard.

Kent
I liked it too, because I was the pilot, and was 'IN' .
RV8 Building - fuselage / showplanes canopy (Done!)
FFI WG-8
Old 06-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).
Default Day 12: Flying the Bahamas Island Chain is FUN!

Hi again to VAF! Sorry I'm behind the 'ball' on our trip post as we departed Homestead (X51) on Wednesday morning (June 1) and am just back from a great evening of hangar-flying in Jimmyb's room :-) As you've already read in posts by Scott & Deb Mills and Scott & Tanya Card, we are having a GREAT time here on 'Island Time'....but back to Wednesday morning, Day 12....

I woke up around 0300 because I was excited and I wanted to check the morning weather (it was fine ;-) then back to bed...alarm went off at 0530: shower/pack/dress. The Cards and most everybody else were already eating when we arrived to the 0600 breakfast in the lobby at 0605. Eggs/bacon/yogurt/OJ...mmm..mmm...good....then it's 0630 and we are all out the door and into the mini-vans for the 15 minute drive to the airport.

FBO owner John Roberts was there to see us off as we all readied our planes. Once the planes were packed, we all checked on each other to make sure everyone knew the 'marching orders' of the morning: Alpha flight off at 0800, Bravo flight at 0810 and Delta Flight at 0820 (we combined some flights at the briefing night before). Here are some ramp pics:

Mark Bantam sporting his very special T-shirt we had made for him and wife Debbie;

California Flier Andrew Brandt;

California Flier Bryan Wood with an audience listening to his every word;

The next time you see Alina Buono, MAKE SURE you ask her about landing at Bay Minette (1R8). Enough said;

Oh yea.... Mercedes had a flat nose wheel when she showed up to the airport but Jeff Brooks and John Roberts had it fixed in a RECORD 15 minutes (which I can't even do! You can see them working in the picture above behind Alina;

I forgot to tell Mike and Denice Brewton (with Jimmyb) at they could wait till after they got in the plane to put on their life vests ;-) Not sure why Seismo is so happy though....

Mike Brewton & Jimmyb;

Finally got a picture of Jimmyb's wife Vicki :-)

Seismo & Red's RV-6A;

Paul A. "Rosie" Rosales (VAF #5)
Rosamond Skypark (L00), CA
RV-6A, 3868 hours since 7/4/2000

Last edited by Rosie : 03-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).
Default Day 12: Flying the Bahamas Island Chain is FUN! (continued)

Here are the group photos of the flights (leads indicated by BOLD);

Alpha Flight (L-R): Paul & Victoria Rosales, Jim Baker, Carolyn & Gary Zilik, Vicki Baker, Mercedes Eulitt & Jeff Brooks, Alina & Dave Buono, Denice & Mike Brewton:

Bravo Flight (L-R): Sherri & Bryan Wood

Delta Flight (L-R): Deb & Scott Mills, Janet & Gene Larsen, Andrew Brandt, Tanya & Scott Card, Mark & Debbie Bantam

Alpha flight, load 'em up! It was time to go and we wasted no time! We completed our runups and were ready for takeoff;

Many thanks again to John & Gloria Roberts of Roberts Air South FBO!!!!

Here are a few pics right after departure and shows the skies ahead and either side of the nose;

Now this is what I call a gaggle ;-)

Last edited by Rosie : 03-26-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Default Day 12: Flying the Bahamas Island Chain is FUN! (continued)

Here is Alpha flight 'in-flight': Baker, Zilik, Eulitt/Brooks, Buono, Brewton;

Here are some pics taken along the way and on final approach to Great Exuma International (MYEF):

Our route of flight took us from Homestead to Nassau to Exuma (X51-MYNN-MYEF)

Last edited by Rosie : 06-03-2011 at 12:56 AM.